One Acre Fund
Seed Supply Chain Coordinator
About One Acre Fund: Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive.
We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests.
We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
The Seed Supply Chain Coordinator is an important part of Seed Team within the Global Sourcing department at One Acre Fund.
You will help achieve the team’s goals and important results.
- Ensure cost-effective procurement and delivery of millions of dollars of maize, bean, tree, sorghum and vegetable seed for farmers
- Deliver top quality seed to farmers through the Seed Supply Chain Coordinator’s management of quality testing measures and controls
- Invest in the development and management of reliable suppliers across different product categories to ensure clients receive seed, at a high-quality
- Improve transparency and communicate delays by communicating with your team across departments and ensure no seed quality issues ever reach clients
- Ensure seed is delivered in full every season and delays are avoided to insulate clients from supply challenges and low yields
Specific responsibilities include:
Inputs Procurement (50% of Role):
- Contact our suppliers and transporters to get price quotations and negotiate best possible prices for seed delivery to country programs
- Negotiate and draft contracts for all suppliers with the support of our legal team
- Place orders with domestic and international suppliers for seed inputs and conduct reconciliations post-delivery, facilitating any seed returns or credit note creation
- Coordinate all deliveries from supplier warehouse to country warehouses
- Maintain a database of local suppliers and understand which inputs they carry, their pricing, and any supply issues OAF has had with the supplier
Internal Coordination (25% of Role):
- Work with country teams to understand their inputs needs before each season and ensure correct deliveries of high-quality inputs, and management of inventoried inputs
- Provide estimated COGS to requests and provide updated figures for COGS if there is a reason for increased costs throughout the season
- Work with different teams to ensure payments and efficient inventory transfer and tracking in SAP while ensuring compliance of all products procured
Certification & Quality Assurance (15% of Role):
- Conduct seed quality checks at select supplier’s warehouses before and during seed delivery
- Manage all import documentation for seed imported and ensure all seed is certified to the country’s standards before distribution
- Work with relevant government bodies to re-certify excess inventory in OAF Warehouse on time before Kicking off Core order deliveries
New Product Support & Continuous Improvement (10% of Role):
- Work with the Product Innovations team to introduce new seed varieties to the program
- Identify process improvements to increase cost efficiency of operations, improve seed quality, improve internal coordination, and improve the flow of information
- Conduct special investigative and research projects such as identifying new projects, quality control methods, or researching the changing seed industry
Career Growth and Development
We have a culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people.
You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals.
You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Specific qualifications include:
- Minimum 2 years of working experience is required. Supply Chain or Procurement working experience in the seed sector is a plus.
- A passion for outstanding customer service coupled with communication with an array of people/ team members is required
- Leadership experience at work or outside of work
- Openness to travel occasionally to suppliers within and outside the country for meetings and quality testing
- Language: English required, Swahili preferred
Preferred Start Date: Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Duration: Full-time job
Benefits: Health insurance, paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates: No; Must have existing rights to work in Kenya.
Application link: https://grnh.se/f2d286d31us
Closing date: May 21st, 2020
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.