Job Title: Projects Estimation Manager
Gross Salary: Very Competitive
Our client is a leading engineering and contracting company specialized in designing and executing electrical works, with the main focus being in the corporate market.
They seek to hire a Quantity Surveyor / Estimator who will be responsible for calculating major construction cost estimates, and you will be involved in the planning, development, negotiation, and contract execution of a project.
- Determining the total cost of materials, equipment, utilities, and labour for construction projects.
- Researching construction documents and analysing specifications.
- Preparing estimates for planning, organizing, and scheduling project work.
- Managing pre-qualification and pre-bid submissions.
- Preparing estimates to meet project goals, such as setting work hours, sequencing tasks, obtaining materials, and securing the best deals with vendors and subcontractors.
- Ensuring that relevant documents and budgets are submitted before a bid deadline.
- Regularly reporting to Management and keeping clients updated on the project status.
- Formulating contingency plans and effectively managing risks that might impact cost and time estimates.
- Collaborating with other teams, conducting site visits, and providing other services, like bid deliveries, when required.
- Measurement and pricing of prospective tender projects.
- Preparation of monthly contract cost reports.
- Settlement of final accounts.
- Attending and updating regular meetings with clients.
- Providing contractual advice to the project manager.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Architectural Engineering, Construction Management, or an equivalent degree.
- At least 9 – 15 years of experience from site management to project management
- Must have experience in residential, commercial and infrastructure projects
- Experience in Power project (Solar, Biomass, Thermal) will be an added advantage
- Exceptional time management, multitasking, and interpersonal skills.
- Brilliant management and negotiation skills.
- Ability to closely collaborate with other project teams and stakeholders.
- Excellent research, proposal writing, and oral presentation skills.
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to travel extensively and perform site visits.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Projects Estimation Manager) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 15th April 2020.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted.