Our Client, a Ranch in Laikipia County seeks to fill the position for Project Manager.
Reports to: Executive Director.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Oversee all activities within the nursery compound inclusive but not exclusive to:
- The upkeep and maintenance of the nursery compound and all infrastructure within
- Land and medium preparation
- Potting, planting, and grafting of scions
- General plant hygiene and health
- Fertilization and pest control activities as agreed with the director
- Management of Inventories and logistics
- The utilization, management and maintenance of the irrigation system
- Health and Safety – ensure safe working conditions
- Quality control
- Trialling new techniques and methodologies
- Establishment of a model avocado orchard within the compound
Sourcing of Inputs:
Responsible for the Sourcing of inputs:
- Avocado seeds from the local community
- High quality Haas scions for grafting purposes
- Compost, fertilizers and nutrients as required
- Crop hygiene and pest control as required
- Working closely with community team on the selection of farmers for the program
- Demonstration and Training of good practises to the community as required
- Ensure that all labour in the section is effective and efficient and that all staff achieves the recommended daily tasks.
- Maintain staff discipline and welfare in accordance with the company policy.
- Train staff in best practises for planting, grafting, crop maintenance and hygiene, pest management and all other practices as necessary
- Ensure that the nursery, operations are provided with all the necessary equipment for their smooth and efficient operation.
- Ensure that the quantity and quality of seedlings are produced to meet the requirements(40,000 within three months)
- Plan and forecast Avocado seedling grafting and delivery as per the seasonal demands.
- Work closely with external avocado specialists as directed
- Ensure that various team leaders, scouts and supervisors keep accurate records of all operations carried out in the section.
- Maintain Irrigation / Fertigation records, spray schedule and records of sowing, grafting and deliveries of seedlings
- Forecast deliveries Audits / standards
- Ensure the nursery operations adhere to nema and agricultural standards (as per audit guidelines)
- Handle and address any deviation on standards
- Diploma OR Degree in BSc in Horticulture or a related field
- 2 – 4 Years’ management experience in a horticultural field
- Computer literate
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Client, quality and results oriented
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities
- Ability to work independently, good team spirit, ability to work in a cosmopolitan environment.
If you are qualified, send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject Project Manager to email@example.com.
Indicate your expected gross salary.