DigiFarm – Grant Funding Lead
Requisition ID: 20000067
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in DigiFarm Kenya Ltd. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Brief Posting Description
Reporting to the General Manager, the role involves working closely with the team to provide strategic guidance for engagement with key stakeholders in the Agri space including but not limited to National Government, County Government and Development Partners with an aim of leveraging partnerships to grow the scope and reach of Digifarm with the aim of enhancing social impact and transformation.
- Leverage existing and new networks to build and appreciation of Digifarm vision to engage in transformative programs
- Position Digifarm as a preferred partner for the implementation of social impact programs
- Identify and engage with contact individuals responsible for these budgets
- Develop partnerships with development partners including all main agencies USAID, UKAID who can support deployment of products to the market either from customer side or direct support.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Government agencies that are key targets and stakeholders for products being developed.
- Develop opportunities for engagement between development partners and Digifarm
- Participate in development partner activities and events to ensure that we are up to date in our knowledge of their priorities
- Create opportunities for private sector engagement i.e. Digifarm with the development partners
- Build capacity of the team to engage with development partners
- Facilitate building of peer to peer networks between Digifarm and Development Partners
- Develop and maintain overview of all grants, donor requirements, rules and regulations, and internal and external deadlines, including filing of grant documents
- Coordinate the development of donor applications and reports, as well as ensuring donor compliance and quality control
- Contribute to the development and revision of funding proposals, budgets and donor reports
- Be updated on donor priorities and track and share relevant calls for proposals
- Document, analyze, and share learning from proposal and reporting process, and compliance with donor rules and regulations
- Contribute to continuously improving internal grant management systems including information management systems and M&E
- Support external donor audits
- Background education in Development Studies or a similar education qualification
- Five (5) years relevant experience in a similar role.
- Experience from working with humanitarian and development donors with strong understanding of donor rules and regulations
- Skills and experience in report and proposal writing with strong communication, coordination and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Training & development facilitation, evaluation skills and techniques
- Basic understanding of the Kenyan market, subscriber preferences and subscriber trends
- A proven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong awareness of market trends, competitive impacts and market opportunities
Note to Applicants
As part of the interview process, external candidates should prepare the following documentation which will be required as soft copies at a later stage based on your performance in the interviews/assessments.
a) An updated CV with contacts of three referees, 2 who must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field.
b) Kenyan Certificate of Good Conduct (Less than 1 year old) or a receipt of the same from the CID pending release of the hardcopy document.
c) Clearance certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
d) University Diploma/Degree Certificate/ Letter of completion from University in case you have not received your diploma/degree certificate.
e) National ID/Passport.
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly CLICK HERE to proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then Click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.
Last Date to Apply: Apr 20, 2020