DigiFarm Quality Assurance Manager
Requisition ID: 20000060
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in DigiFarm Kenya Ltd. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Brief Posting Description
Reporting to the Specialist Services Lead, the position holder will be responsible to assess, administer and manage quality standards across all DigiFarm touch points, support the sectional managers within the divisions in gap identification and make recommendations to improve customer experience.
- Provide advice for the overall day to day operations, management and maintenance of post-harvest activities such as storage
- Provide advice on how to monitor quality and handling including testing, weighing and maintaining of grain quality
- Provide advice on management of security, handling, bagging, loading of grain on site, storage process, procedures of grain within the storage site
- Lead, develop and manage the standard operating procedures (processes and systems) for the grain warehouse
- Provide direction on effective and efficient coordination of the logical movement of grain into and out of the warehouse with proper documentation
- Facilitate oversight for ensuring inventory is stored appropriately to ensure safety and quality standards
- Facilitate the process of periodic quality controls and checks of stock including testing, weighing and fumigation
- Develop and facilitate the training of farmers on grain quality matters to ensure consistency in quality standards
- Improve operational efficiency by optimally managing the clearing and forwarding processes, lead times from the country of collection to destination against agreed KPI’s. Review and implement value creation ideas for continuous improvement in the logistics chain
- Capture any costs arising from demurrage charges and penalty and allocate responsibility for recovery
- Five (5) years relevant experience in a similar or strongly comparable role.
- A bachelor’s degree in agricultural business, food science, animal science, poultry science or other related field is required.
- Must be analytical and have excellent written and verbal communication skills (articulate), coupled with good listening and critical reasoning skills and ability to provide constructive feedback.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail with good organizational, planning, report writing and presentation skills.
- Strong awareness of market trends, competitive impacts and market opportunities
- Knowledge and experience in Imports and Exports market is an added advantage
Note to Applicants
As part of the interview process, external candidates should prepare the following documentation which will be required as soft copies at a later stage based on your performance in the interviews/assessments.
a) An updated CV with contacts of three referees, 2 who must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field.
b) Kenyan Certificate of Good Conduct (Less than 1 year old) or a receipt of the same from the CID pending release of the hardcopy document.
c) Clearance certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
d) University Diploma/Degree Certificate/ Letter of completion from University in case you have not received your diploma/degree certificate.
e) National ID/Passport.
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly CLICK HERE to proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then Click on the apply button.
Remember to attach your resume.
Last Date to Apply: Apr 14, 2020