Sanergy is an award-winning social enterprise that employs the circular economy approach to treat and convert all forms of urban waste into organic fertilizer and insect-based animal protein.
Sanergy manufactures and distributes Evergrow Organic Fertilizer and Kuzapro Insect Based Animal Protein, under the Farm Star brand.
We are an increasingly sophisticated, highly intricate organization with many moving parts. Sanergy seeks accomplished, driven individuals who will make substantive contributions to the organization.
We are currently seeking a Manager – Logistics.
Job Ref: 2020/3/17
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand and lead the implementation of operational and financial plans for inbound logistics to match the company targets for quality of service, volume and unit costs
- Understand and lead the implementation of operational and financial plans for sorting operations to match the company targets for timeliness of delivery, volume and unit costs
- Develop and implement all corrective and preventive actions assigned to you in order to meet business targets
- Analyze data on logistics and sorting operations to identify opportunities for improvement of operations and cost reduction
- Carry out pre/post-mortems in cost reduction projects so as to implement measures to ensure that corrective actions are taken to maximize the teams chances of achieving targets
- Develop and implement actions from the voice of the customer exercises and evaluate risks in the operations
- Develop and implement measurement criteria that ensure the execution of robust operations in both logistics and sorting operations
- Execute operations to ensure all waste collection services are conducted on time, in full, error free
- Execute operations to ensure all sorting operations are carried out in order to maximise efficiency, reduce cost and meet QHSE targets
- Develop cohesion between logistics and sorting teams of your department to ensure cost effective and efficient operations, quality and QHSE targets are met
- Develop a cohesive working environment between your team and the maintenance and CI team, the ICS team and the Finance team to ensure vendor/client operations are efficient and effective
- Liaise with vendors and clients and implement projects or action points that will improve logistics and sorting operations
- Take a leading role in understanding the volatility and uncertainty in the department’s plan and develop corrective measures to ensure that the plan meets the forecast
- Lead your team in finding ways to increase the company’s capacity to collect and sort 10X more waste while maintaining cost, quality and QHSE targets
- Build a culture of openness in the team by coaching them on the generation, evaluation and implementation of creative ideas within the logistics, distribution and sorting operations
- Plan and implement cost reduction and cost control measures for inbound logistics, sorting operations and distribution in order to meet financial targets
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics Management or equivalent, or hold a professional qualification in Supply Chain Management
- Have at least 4 years of working experience, 2 of which should be in a supervisory role, in fleet management in a manufacturing set up
- A track record of putting in place effective controls to track transport and logistics activities to ensure achievement of cost, productivity, accuracy, or timeliness objectives
- Have strong analytical and report writing skills
- Be an excellent team player/collaborator and communicator
- Previous experience in leading a team
- Have demonstrated the ability to act decisively and resolve problems
- Previous experience in supervising a multi-disciplined workforce will be an added advantage
- KRA PIN
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Academic Transcripts and Academic Certificates
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to CLICK HERE to make their applications via the company’s website and attach a detailed CV with contact details of three referees by 14th April, 2020.
Please note that the applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.