Sanergy is an award-winning social enterprise that employs the circular economy approach to treat and convert all forms of urban waste into organic fertilizer and insect-based animal protein.
Sanergy manufactures and distributes Evergrow Organic Fertilizer and Kuzapro Insect Based Animal Protein, under the Farm Star brand.
We are an increasingly sophisticated, highly intricate organization with many moving parts. Sanergy seeks accomplished, driven individuals who will make substantive contributions to the organization.
We are currently seeking an experienced Process Engineer 4 who will work on the construction of East Africa’s largest organics recycling facility.
Job Ref: 2020/3/18
A typical day for you might include the following
- Lead the overall design aspects of a waste treatment facility
- Perform design calculations for various engineering problem
- Review vendor drawings and provide technical feedback to ensure specifications are met
- Review controls and/or electrical plans for various equipment
- Support the organization and preparation of the project through assembling needed project information, tools and work documents to industry standards in a timely manner
- Lead and manage the installation and commissioning of various industrial equipment
- Provide hands-on field expert level support for construction
- Lead meetings with vendors, contractors, construction teams
- Perform field inspections to ensure construction meets the design specifications
- Prepare commissioning test forms, equipment checklists and commissioning reports and maintain commissioning issues lists
- Independently, or along with the vendor, perform equipment commissioning, test and balance activities, and functional performance tests
- Troubleshoot system operational issues that impact system operation, safety, and reliability
- Responsible for the technical quality and accuracy of work provided
- Responsible for personal time management on assigned projects
- Planning for project activities and keeping accurate records of project activities
- Provide clear and transparent communication channels with other staff including Engineers, Project Manager, and Administration Staff.
Skills and qualifications you’ll need
- Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering or relevant field
- 5+ years of experience in engineering and design of processing units, equipment, waste treatment facility
- Demonstrated working knowledge commissioning various mechanical and electrical systems
- Demonstrated working knowledge or interest in the operation of Boilers, Chillers, water treatment, Pumps, waste treatment and Control Systems is preferred.
- Effective interpersonal skills to properly represent Sanergy in an ethical and professional manner.
- Ability to explain technical information to technical and non-technical people.
- Leadership skills to support the activities of other team members and workers
Qualities you’ll need to fit in well among the Sanergy-Stars
- A collaborative spirit that compels you to work beyond your team
- A desire to understand and serve customers
- A willingness to embrace diversity, integrity and empathy
- An innovative approach to assessing and testing new ideas
- An enthusiasm to achieve set targets and improve yourself professionally
- The perks you’ll have
- A holistic benefits package
- Unparalleled opportunities for personal and professional growth
- A unique chance to tackle critical challenges of sanitation, economic empowerment and food security
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to CLICK HERE to email their applications together with samples of previous projects undertaken as one document and a detailed CV with contact details of three referees by 14th April, 2020.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
Kindly note this position is based in Nairobi with considerable movement to Kinanie, Mavoko constituency.