Position: Senior Manager – Mobile Financial Services
Region: Nairobi, Kenya
Reporting to: Head of Service Platforms
Department: Technology Division
Role Purpose: The incumbent will be responsible for the planning, operation and maintenance of the mobile financial services platforms.
This is a key role in the overall execution of the Technology strategy and will require a multi-disciplinary approach where Financial, Customer & Internal processes and people management come together.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Leading architecture and service design to deliver a best-in-class system and customer-centric services
- Implementation of business needs and determining solutions to business problems. The solutions should consider technology systems, process improvement, organizational change or strategic planning and policy development
- Research and development of new features, solutions & technologies
- Vendor management to ensure that vendors deliver the highest product & service quality while managing costs and timelines
- Enforce strict adherence to the change management process to minimize the impact of change-related incidents upon service quality, and consequently improve the day-to-day operations of the organization.
- Analysis and tracking of KPIs for performance and capacity
- Proactive system monitoring and issue resolution within SLA
- Management & support of developers and other integration partners both internal and external & Regular reporting
Academic / Professional Qualifications
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or any-related technical degree from a recognized institution
- 8-10 years’ experience in the design, implementation, operation and maintenance of billing and messaging platforms.
- 3-5 years in the design, implementation, operation and maintenance of mobile money platforms.
- 3-5 years management experience and leading teams
- Extensive knowledge of mobile money, payments, banking and relevant standards and best practices in these domains.
- Business acumen and principles and techniques of administration, organization and people management.
- Knowledge of the telecommunications industry.
- Networking skills to form collaborative partnerships
- Thorough grounding in telecommunications grade hardware & software platforms, integration management, network design & implementation, operation and maintenance methods and procedures
- Leadership skills
- Good analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Pro-active &multi-tasking
- Good persuasion skills
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills – collects researches and anlyses data
- Accuracy and attention to details – prioritises and plans work
- Team-work and co-operation
How to Apply
Application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by providing an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) before 17.4.2020 including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to tribe, religion, gender, age or disability.ax