We are Hiring!
Our client provides quality private health care to residents of Kenya and the neighboring countries.
They are looking to fill the position of a Senior Procurement Officer.
Job Purpose: The position holder will be responsible for participating in developing and implementing the Hospital’s procurement systems and procedures within the supply chain activities, stock control function and inventory. Ensuring timely reporting for effective use and efficiency measures on utilization of goods purchased.
Main Responsibilities of Job
The jobholder will be responsible for:
- Providing leadership and guidance to user departments in the development of specifications.
- Ensuring efficient and cost – effective sourcing and delivery of materials, services and/or equipment to user departments.
- Developing and implementing sourcing strategies for spend management, supplier development and management, category buying, contracts, vendor managed inventory and rating processes amongst others.
- Leading supplier pre-qualification, selection and development processes, quotation and tender processes in a timely and transparent manner.
- Contributing to lead-time reduction and demand management initiatives so as to optimize inventory levels.
- Ensure cost-effectiveness, quality and timely procurement and delivery of all supplies services.
- Managing development and preparation of contracts and ensuring all contracts renewals reviews are done on time.
- Preparing appropriate financial, inventory and other reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Economics, Supply Chain Management or any other related area.
- CIPS Graduate Diploma in Purchasing and Supply.
- Over 6 years’ experience in local and international procurement
- Technical Competencies: –
- Highly analytical and excellent negotiation skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of integrity
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the subject heading “SENIOR PROCUREMENT OFFICER” by Monday 13th April 2020 clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.