National Bank – A Subsidiary of KCB Group Plc.
Position Title: Senior Manager, Remedial & Recoveries – Write Offs
Job Ref No. HR/054/2020
Reporting to: Head, Remedial & Recoveries
Position Scope: This position is Responsible for the management of the Bank’s Non-Performing Credits, formulate / identify, review and implement policies, strategies / action plans to recover / restructure or restore to performance non-performing loans and provide advice to avoid such situations arising in future.
- Overall management of write off debts.
- Provide visible leadership to the write offs recovery team
- To continuously monitor the key recovery outcomes and adopt creative recovery strategies in line with the business needs.
- Ensure that the external debt collectors – EDCs meet targets for the outsourced portfolio while keeping them focused on meeting the agreed service standards in the recovery of debt.
- Timely submission of NPL returns to the Board and CBK.
- Reduce non performing credit through aggressive recoveries and viable restructuring
- Participation in partnership engagement meetings/forums.
- To optimize recovery costs.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science or related fields from a recognized institution.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA- K) or its equivalent
- 7 years’ experience in Banking 5 of which should be handling Corporate recoveries at management level in a financial institution.
- Risk Management.
- Strong knowledge of business entity legal structures and risk rating
- Good understanding of financial statements and ratios, credit reports, personal financial statements
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Knowledge of national bank lending policy and CBK prudential guidelines
- Decision making –ability to make operational and routine decisions in a timely and effective manner and to be accountable for decision making within departmental and role allocation – Ability to mentor and coach staff to goal definition and achievement
- Performance Management and team building
- Professionalism – maintains a professional approach based on ethics and NBK values
- Integrity and honesty and ethics- ensures ethical practices and integrity and ensures NBK is not put at reputational risk
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation Skills
- Resilience – is able to withstand strategic and operational challenges and maintain momentum.
- Emotional Intelligence-manages emotions in a mature and composed manner as expected.
How to Apply:
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the criteria for the above role, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae through the link provided below.
Please indicate your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
To be considered, submit your application on or before by 27th April 2020.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage/s of the recruitment and selection process.
National Bank of Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Let us grow together