SMEC International is a professional services firm with Australian origins and a global footprint that provides high quality consultancy services for major infrastructure projects.
SMEC is ranked among the world’s top infrastructure design firms and continues to win industry awards for technical excellence, design innovation and the management of environmental and social risks.
SMEC is a member of the Surbana Jurong Group of Companies.
Assistant Resident Engineer
The Role: We are currently seeking Assistant Resident Engineer for a Project Opportunity in Eldoret and Kakamega.
- Stage II: Works Supervision
- Construction Works Supervision
- Construction Supervision of the physical elements
- Preparation of Records and Reports
- Testing and Provisional Acceptance of the Work
- Preparation of “As-built” drawings
- Provision of Support Services to the Client
- Preparation of Operations and Maintenance Manual
- Acquisition of Wayleaves and Private Land
- Institutional Capacity Building
- Supervision during Defects Liability Period (DLP)
- Activities during Defects Liability Period
- Preparation of Final Inspection Report
- Preparation of Final Statement of Account
- Preparation of Project Completion Report
- Preparation of Special Reports (Optional)
Key Qualifications and Experience
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Water/Hydraulics Engineering from a recognized university.
- Must be registered with the relevant professional association.
- Should have at least 7 years’ experience in Water Supply / Sewerage Projects.
- All candidates should possess the following Knowledge and Skills;
- Excellent technical writing skills (mandatory).
- Experience in preparing project reports, and/or publications.
- Excellent English language skills (mandatory)
- Regional experience in Sub Saharan Africa is an added advantage
- Proficient in use of computer software (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, etc) to produce professional looking documents of international standards
- Able to work with multidisciplinary multicultural teams
- Able to deliver work within tight deadlines and handle heavier work pressure near deadlines
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their updated CVs quoting the job title on the email subject to, firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 30 April 2020.