SMEC International is a professional services firm with Australian origins and a global footprint that provides high quality consultancy services for major infrastructure projects.
SMEC is ranked among the world’s top infrastructure design firms and continues to win industry awards for technical excellence, design innovation and the management of environmental and social risks.
SMEC is a member of the Surbana Jurong Group of Companies.
The Role: We are currently seeking a Land Surveyor for a Project Opportunity in Eldoret.
This Land Surveyor’s role is to provide services in cadastral/LIS, topographical, engineering surveys, project management, and Land administration systems for a major development focused around a rail transport hub.
- Construction Works Supervision
- Construction Supervision of the physical elements
- Preparation of Records and Reports
- Preparation of “As-built” drawings
- Leads and conducts survey and subdivision of the site according to the approved Development Plan.
- Complies with the necessary approval processes for extension of lease and change of user.
- Undertakes activities to submit the survey plan, deed plans and title deeds of all resultant plots for necessary approval processes.
- Prepares quality project technical reports for submission to the Client.
- Undertakes the specific tasks from the TOR that are applicable to an expert in Land Surveying.
- Develops and manages good and effective relationships with the clients and other stakeholders.
- Undertakes activities to build the capacity of the staff identified by the client through coaching and mentoring.
Key Qualifications and Experience
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Surveying/ Photogrammetry from a recognized university.
- Should have at least 10 years overall experience in engineering Survey for water supply and sanitation works.
- Must be registered licensed by the Institution of Surveyors.
- Must be licensed Land surveyor by the board.
- Should demonstrate similar experience in transportation related projects.
- Should have at least three years’ experience since licensing.
- Extensive knowledge in cadastral and land administration.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their updated CVs quoting the job title on the email subject to, email@example.com on or before 30 April 2020.