SMEC International is a professional services firm with Australian origins and a global footprint that provides high quality consultancy services for major infrastructure projects.
SMEC is ranked among the world’s top infrastructure design firms and continues to win industry awards for technical excellence, design innovation and the management of environmental and social risks.
SMEC is a member of the Surbana Jurong Group of Companies.
The Role: We are currently seeking a Resident Engineer for a Project Opportunity in Eldoret and Kakamega.
- Stage II: Works Supervision
- Construction Works Supervision
- Mobilization of the Contractor
- Construction Supervision of the physical elements
- Preparation of Records and Reports
- Testing and Provisional Acceptance of the Work
- Preparation of “As-built” drawings
- Provision of Support Services to the Client
- Preparation of Operations and Maintenance Manual
- Acquisition of Wayleaves and Private Land
- Institutional Capacity Building
- Supervision during Defects Liability Period (DLP)
- Activities during Defects Liability Period
- Preparation of Final Inspection Report
- Preparation of Final Statement of Account
- Preparation of Project Completion Report
- Preparation of Special Reports (Optional)
Key Qualifications and Experience
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Water Engineering from a recognized university.
- Must be registered with the relevant professional body for engineers.
- Should have at least 10 years’ experience in hydraulics/water transmission systems planning, assessment, designs and construction supervision.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their updated CVs quoting the job title on the email subject to, firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 30 April 2020.