We are Hiring!
Our client provides quality private health care to residents of Kenya and the neighboring countries.
They are looking to fill the position of a Strategy Director.
Job Purpose: The position holder will be responsible for directing and overseeing an organization’s strategic goals and supporting the development of long-term growth plans and profitability goals.
This will encompass the purpose and values of the Hospital, and focus on setting medium- and long-term goals.
Main Responsibilities of Job
The jobholder will be responsible for:
- Collaborate with senior leadership to define strategic direction and goals.
- Provide leadership to operationalize the Hospital strategy, translate the strategy into actionable goals for patient centered business performance and growth.
- Support the leadership team to execute multiple transformational projects with an outcome-focus at functional level.
- Develop effective internal and external linkages with key strategic partners and stakeholders such as admitting staff.
- Ensure strategic alignment and synergy across the hospital for both financial and non-financial strategic initiatives.
- Lead cross-functional initiatives to drive patient centered care, employee engagement, and operational efficiency, branding positioning and hospital profitability.
- Develop strategy dashboards, strategy risk management plans and course correct interventions in response to internal and external developments.
- Develop and implement culture change programs that support attainment of the desired hospital ethos, reflect the values of the hospital and embed a high performance culture.
- Conduct change readiness assessments, build the hospital’s change preparedness capacity and capacity for sustained transformation, continual improvement.
- Coordinate stakeholder analysis, stakeholder alignment and engagement including senior leadership, employees, admitting staff, job/role impact analysis and post launch support for change initiatives.
- Develop mitigating actions to minimize negative consequences of change
- Institutionalize change initiatives and programs to enable sustainability.
- Develop and roll out employee engagement programs to create shared ownership of hospital objectives.
- Champion the review of internal systems, processes, standards and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Align policies, processes and procedures with emerging best practice and support optimal adoption of new technology.
- Champion a culture of continual improvement and innovation and drive the deployment of operational excellence tools across the hospital.
- Identify opportunities to standardize processes and procedures so as to build consistency in service excellence, strengthen patient centred care and lower operational costs.
- Conduct hospital wide capacity building programs to strengthen critical thinking and equip staff teams with root cause analysis and effective problem solving skills at all levels.
- Lead assigned multi-disciplinary special project teams to enhance service delivery, enhance operational and business efficiency and grow the hospital business.
- Participate in opportunity assessment and impact sizing for major initiatives.
- Manage the functional annual budget.
- Participate in technology adoption projects to optimize effectiveness and change uptake by employees.
- Master’s degree in Business, Economics, Strategic Management or related field.
- Ten (10) years’ experience in strategy design management, implementation and review, five (5) of which should be in a managerial capacity.
Technical Competencies: –
- Strategic planning and ability to develop strategic plans and analysis.
- Business Process Improvement skills.
- Performance management-sound knowledge and experience with defining corporate performance management and defining and measuring strategic outputs and advising the Hospital on how to cascade these to functions and specific role KPI’s.
- Monitoring and evaluation-sound experience and knowledge in establishing monitoring frameworks and mechanisms for monitoring strategic objectives and outputs.
- Change Management skills-knowledge and experience in identifying strategic change management initiatives to ensure adoption and realization of benefits.
- Integrity, honesty and ethics.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the subject heading “STRATEGY DIRECTOR” by Monday 13th April 2020 clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.