County Government of Vihiga
County Public Service Board
The Public Service Commission (PSC) in conjunction with the Ministry of Health and County Public Service Board is pleased to announce to the general public the recruitment of the following health care workers drawn from nine (9) cadres of health personnel on three (3) years contract based on identified needs in the two levels of government.
Assistant Health Records and Information Officer III
Ten (10) Posts
For appointment to this grade, a candidate Must be
a) a Kenyan citizen
b) Diploma in Health Records and Information Technology from a recognized institution; and
c) Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized
d) Must meet the requirement of the Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
Duties and Responsibilities
a) receiving and documenting patients at hospital reception;
b) registering and booking appointment for patients to clinics and consultants;
c) storing and retrieving medical records documents;
d) preparing clinics;
e) updating bed bureau;
f) editing of patient case records;
g) gathering data from different sources;
h) capturing data from service points;
i) maintaining record safety and confidentiality;
j) storing and retrieving medical records;
k) balancing daily bed returns; creating and maintaining master index;
l) updating patient master index; directing patients to relevant clinics;
m) scheduling of patients to the consultants and specialist clinics;
n) assigning codes to diseases and surgical procedures according to the International Classification of Diseases and Procedures in Medicine;
o) and preparing Health records and reports.
Terms of Service: Three (3) years Contract
Remuneration Package (Consolidated package):
- Diploma Holders – Kshs. 50, 000.00
- Certificate Holders – Kshs. 40, 000.00
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to download the application for Employment form “VCPSB/APP.01A-2018” on the official County Website: www.Vihiga.go.ke complete it and submit to the undersigned on or before Wednesday 22nd April, 2020 at 5pm.
County Public Service Board
P. O. Box 880-50300
Queens Arcade Building along Kisumu-Kakamega road, Mbale Town.
Cell phone: 0731352164
1. Candidates MUST attach their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and photocopies of all their documents to the application form.
2. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form (CLICK HERE to download the application form).
3. Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
4. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
5. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
THE VIHIGA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD IS COMMITTED TO AVAILING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL KENYANS.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.