County Government of Vihiga
County Public Service Board
The Public Service Commission (PSC) in conjunction with the Ministry of Health and County Public Service Board is pleased to announce to the general public the recruitment of the following health care workers drawn from nine (9) cadres of health personnel on three (3) years contract based on identified needs in the two levels of government.
Community Oral Health Officer III
Two (2) Posts
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have a: –
i. Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade C (Plain) with grade C (Plain) in English/Kiswahili and Biology/Biological Sciences and grade C- (Minus) in either Chemistry, Physics/Physical Sciences, Mathematics or General Sciences; and
ii. Diploma in Community Oral Health from Kenya Medical Training College or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
Duties and Responsibilities:-
This is an entry and training grade for this cadre. Specific duties and responsibilities at this level will include:
i. Participating in oral health demonstrations, exhibitions and giving lectures to communities and schools;
ii. Collecting data for fluoride testing in water samples, analyzing and interpreting results and advising the relevant authorities accordingly; and
iii. Diagnosis and treatment of common dental conditions, temporary and permanent dental restorations, reducing simple fractures of jaws and extractions.
Terms of Service: Three (3) years Contract
Remuneration Package (Consolidated package):
- Diploma Holders – Kshs. 50, 000.00
- Certificate Holders – Kshs. 40, 000.00
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to download the application for Employment form “VCPSB/APP.01A-2018” on the official County Website: www.Vihiga.go.ke complete it and submit to the undersigned on or before Wednesday 22nd April, 2020 at 5pm.
County Public Service Board
P. O. Box 880-50300
Queens Arcade Building along Kisumu-Kakamega road, Mbale Town.
Cell phone: 0731352164
1. Candidates MUST attach their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and photocopies of all their documents to the application form.
2. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form (CLICK HERE to download the application form).
3. Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
4. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
5. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
THE VIHIGA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD IS COMMITTED TO AVAILING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL KENYANS.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.