County Government of Vihiga
County Public Service Board
The Public Service Commission (PSC) in conjunction with the Ministry of Health and County Public Service Board is pleased to announce to the general public the recruitment of the following health care workers drawn from nine (9) cadres of health personnel on three (3) years contract based on identified needs in the two levels of government.
Five (5) Posts
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have a: –
i. Certificate in either Pharmacy or Pharmaceutical Technology or equivalent qualification approved by the Pharmacy and Poisons Board from a recognized institution; and
ii. Certificate of enrollment as a Pharmaceutical Technician awarded by the Pharmacy and Poisons Board (PPB)
Duties and Responsibilities
This is an entry and training grade for this cadre. At this level, an officer is expected to be guided to provide pharmaceutical services in a National and County hospitals.
The officer will also be expected to work in pharmaceutical services in a district hospital in the absence of a pharmacist or be in the line assistant to the pharmacist.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
i. compounding and dispensing medicine, supervision of Pharmaceutical Technologists and other staff under him;
ii. an officer who has been trained in Pharmaceutical analysis and has successfully completed such a course may be assigned drugs quality control duties;
iii. In a medical training institution, work involves training, counselling and guiding students; and
iv. Participating in curriculum development, implementation and evaluation of training programmes, student recruitment and induction.
Terms of Service: Three (3) years Contract
Remuneration Package (Consolidated package):
- Diploma Holders – Kshs. 50, 000.00
- Certificate Holders – Kshs. 40, 000.00
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to download the application for Employment form “VCPSB/APP.01A-2018” on the official County Website: www.Vihiga.go.ke complete it and submit to the undersigned on or before Wednesday 22nd April, 2020 at 5pm.
County Public Service Board
P. O. Box 880-50300
Queens Arcade Building along Kisumu-Kakamega road, Mbale Town.
Cell phone: 0731352164
1. Candidates MUST attach their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and photocopies of all their documents to the application form.
2. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form (CLICK HERE to download the application form).
3. Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
4. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
5. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
THE VIHIGA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD IS COMMITTED TO AVAILING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL KENYANS.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.