County Government of Vihiga
County Public Service Board
The Public Service Commission (PSC) in conjunction with the Ministry of Health and County Public Service Board is pleased to announce to the general public the recruitment of the following health care workers drawn from nine (9) cadres of health personnel on three (3) years contract based on identified needs in the two levels of government.
Registered Clinical Officer III
Fifteen (15) Posts
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have a:-
i. Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery or Clinical Medicine and Community Health from a recognized institution; and
ii. Certificate of Registration by Clinical Officers’ Council
Duties and Responsibilities:-
This is an entry grade into this cadre and an officer at this level will work under guidance of a senior officer.
Specific duties and responsibilities at this level will include:
i. Taking history, examining, diagnosing and treating patients’ common ailments at an outpatient or inpatient health facility;
ii. Implementing Community Health Care activities in liaison with other health workers;
iii. Guiding and counseling patients, clients and staff on health issues;
iv. Sensitizing patients and clients on preventive and promotive health;
v. Carrying out minor surgical procedures as per training and skill;
vi. Collecting and compiling clinical data; and
vii. Referring patients and clients to appropriate health facilities.
Terms of Service: Three (3) years Contract
Remuneration Package (Consolidated package):
- Diploma Holders – Kshs. 50, 000.00
- Certificate Holders – Kshs. 40, 000.00
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to download the application for Employment form “VCPSB/APP.01A-2018” on the official County Website: www.Vihiga.go.ke complete it and submit to the undersigned on or before Wednesday 22nd April, 2020 at 5pm.
County Public Service Board
P. O. Box 880-50300
Queens Arcade Building along Kisumu-Kakamega road, Mbale Town.
Cell phone: 0731352164
1. Candidates MUST attach their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and photocopies of all their documents to the application form.
2. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form (CLICK HERE to download the application form).
3. Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
4. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
5. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
THE VIHIGA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD IS COMMITTED TO AVAILING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL KENYANS.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.