Wananchi Group (K) Ltd
Job Title: Territory Officer
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Employment Status / Type: Full-time
Position Reporting to: National Sales Manager, Zambia
Manages Others: No
Job Purpose / Summary: Reporting to the National Sales Manager – Zambia, the job holder will be responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in assigned territory.
He/she works with and directs channel partners and their teams and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values.
Establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer base within the markets covered and contributes to the development of training and educational programs for end users and Channel Partners.
- Develops a business plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
- Responsible for the performance and development of the Channel Partners, which includes, Dealers, Agents, Resellers and Installers.
- Prepares action plans by individual channel partners as well as by overall channel for effective search of sales leads and prospects.
- Develop and initiate trade marketing activities with channel partners aimed at creating awareness including but not limited to in & out store activation, market activations, road shows, trade fairs and exhibitions
- Responsible for all below the line presentations within their assigned territory, including, posters, banners, product display, shop branding and any other assigned BTL material with a view of ensuring that brand is visible and positively resonates with the public
- Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
- Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
- Provides timely and accurate feedback to management regarding performance.
- Provides timely, accurate, competitive pricing on all completed prospect applications submitted for pricing and approval, while striving to maintain maximum profit margin.
- Creates and conducts proposal presentations and RFP responses.
- Controls expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Identifies, Recruits, Grows and Retains channel partners based on criteria agreed upon by management.
- Channel visitation and accountability through daily activity updating as instructed by management.
- Update and reporting of channel activity within timelines as instructed by management.
- Perform all other duties that may be assigned by management from time to time, relative to the role
Education, Experience & Desired Attributes
- Degree in a Business related field
- CIM or equivalent qualifications
- 5 years hands on experience in a Sales Distribution in a FMCG or service sector of which 2 years must have been in a sales managerial position, preferably in a fast moving consumer goods company or Telecommunications Company
- Good understanding of stakeholder management
- Good Business acumen
- Highly results and performance oriented
- Excellent team player with good Leadership/mentoring/management skills.
- Excellent Negotiation/Influencing and Presentation skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates to send their updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with respective job titles ”National Sales Manager, Zambia” or ”Territory Officer, Zambia” as the subject line not later than 25th April, 2020.
Your mail application will be considered should you meet the desired qualifications.
Wananchi Group is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive remuneration and benefits to the right candidate.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.