Position Title: Backend Software Developer
Location: Techsavanna Company, Nairobi
Role Purpose: We are looking for experienced and skilled backend developers who can build solid and stable solutions and who will be responsible for the end-2-end integration of our platforms with banks, payment platforms, telcos, and payment gateways.
Job Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Possess Bachelor’s degree in IT / Computer Science / Mathematics or a related engineering discipline.
- Proven experience integrating with banks, payment platforms, telcos, and payment gateways.
- Excellent Java programming skills and a deep understanding of the underlying core concepts
- Proficiency in developing Java-based applications in Spring Boot.
- Proficiency in developing rest and Soap APIs and understanding of best development practices.
- Experience working with any DevOps tools such as Jenkins, Travis CI, Azure DevOps, or Amazon.
- Experience in working with cloud technologies such as Azure or Amazon is an added advantage
- Experience in working with Apigee API gateway or Azure API gateway is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in working with Git version control system
- At least 2 years of work experience in a similar role
- Experience integrating with multiple systems across multiple countries is an added advantage
- Excellent team player, independent thinker, self-driven, and passionate.
- Experience in working with Oracle database and Microsoft SQL Server is an added advantage
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your resume with your cell phone contact indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role, clearly quoting the job title and job reference to the address below.