SOS Children’s Villages Kenya
Borehole Drilling Tender Technical Support Consultant
Terms of Reference
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya (SOS CV KE) is a locally rooted, independent non-governmental social development organization affiliated to SOS Children’s Villages International, working in the spirit of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.
SOS CV Kenya is governed by an independent Board of Trustees, working closely with line Ministries in the Government of the Republic of Kenya and the SOS CV International East Africa Regional Office.
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya mission is to build families for children in need, help them shape their future and share in the development of their communities.
The Vision of the organization is that “every child belongs to a family and grows with love, respect and security”.
The SOS facilities comprise of SOS Children’s Villages, Herman Gmeiner Primary Schools, Herman Gmeiner Secondary School, Medical Centers/Family Strengthening Programmes and a Technical Training Institute.
2. Objectives of the Assignment
Under the AMAF Project, SOS CV Kenya seeks to drill 4 boreholes in its Eldoret facility (2) and in its Kisumu facility (2).
The process will entail competitively procuring a certified contractor to conduct the drilling and installation of the boreholes in the two locations.
SOS CV Kenya is seeking the services of a certified individual Engineer or Engineering firm in the relevant field to support in the administration of the tender and supervision of the works to ensure quality standards are met by the contractor.
3. Scope of Work and Deliverables
The scope of this assignment comprises the following:
- Preparation of Bill of Quantities
- Preparation of specifications
- Preparation of contractor technical evaluation criteria
- Providing feedback for technical questions asked by potential tenderers during solicitation.
- Participate in conducting technical evaluation of the bids
- Supervise the selected contractor.
- Certify completion of the works, ensuring quality control and proper commissioning.
- General advisory to SOS CV Kenya regarding technical issues on the project.
4. Duration of Assignment
The expected completion of the assignment is 30th June, 2020.
5. Evaluation Criteria / Required Qualifications
Please submit your proposals online to email@example.com not later than 28th May, 2020 1200 noon; with the subject line indicating: “Borehole drilling Tender Technical Support Consultancy.”