Job Vacancy: Conversion Supervisor
Job Summary: The ideal candidate should be highly organized and able to ensure that manufacturing remains a smooth and efficient process.
The role requires the ability to monitor employees and organize work flows. He must be highly skilled in complex operations and able to comprehend the multifaceted nature of the manufacturing process.
The ability to optimize day to day activities while minimizing costs is also essential to ensuring maximum quality and efficiency.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure all machines are well taken care of and maintained, any defects or malfunction reported immediately.
- Ensure timely completion of schedules.
- Monitor and control printing process to ensure requirements are met.
- Control and reduce machine waste to minimum levels.
- Strong knowledge of organizational work flow and ability to delegate by assigning responsibilities and formulating schedules.
- Ensure health and safety processes and procedures are adhered to and meet the highest standards.
- Reduce machine downtime and increase availability.
- Ensure compliance with ISO and other quality systems are adhered to at all times.
- Allocate and ensure efficient utilization of labour for optimum results.
- Ensure efficient utilization of utilities to minimize waste i.e. electricity.
- Ensure daily and weekly machine schedules are adhered to.
- Ensure employees under your supervision are well trained on proper housekeeping, machine safety and proper channels to report hazards.
- Ensure all employees are wearing their protective clothing at all times while at work.
- Record and report injuries as soon as they take place.
- Ability to generate and submit reports on performance and progress and requested.
- Strong coaching and training skills to onboard new employees, including instruction on safety i.e. how to safely use machinery and follow procedures.
- Diploma/Higher National Diploma in printing technology or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- 10 Years of printing experience, of which, 5 should be at supervisory level.
- Experience in flexo printing technology will be an added advantage
- Experience with high speed TCY printing machines will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Conversion Supervisor) to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday 15th May 2020.