ACDI / VOCA
Job Title: Deputy Chief of Party and Livestock Director, Kenya LMS AA1
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Job Type: Long-term
Job Overview: Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI / VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy.
Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a non-profit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Deputy Chief of Party and Livestock Director, Kenya LMS AA1
ACDI/VOCA is currently seeking a Deputy Chief of Party and Livestock Director for the Feed the Future-funded Livestock Market Systems Expanding Economic Opportunities (LMS-AA1) Activity.
The goal of the project is to build upon and deepen the inclusiveness, resilience and competitiveness of market systems (and integrated value chains) in the 5 Arid and Semi-Arid Counties of Turkana, Isiolo, Marsabit, Wajir and Garissa while furthering livestock-related and other economic opportunities.
The position is based in Nairobi, Kenya with frequent travel to field offices.
- Support the Chief of Party in providing leadership management and general technical direction to the 5 county office teams and to the entire activity.
- Act as Technical Lead and central point coordination for AA1 staff in the technical review of grant applications received, coordinating, in close collaboration with LMS partners, co-creation/co-investment approaches in selecting, defining and managing approved grants.
- Provide technical leadership, implementation oversight, day-to-day quality control, and operational commitment to AA1’s systemic, inclusive, and facilitative market systems approach.
- Play a lead role in interacting with key implementing actors and other development partners.
- Ensure the incorporation and implementation of inclusive gender and youth positive approaches.
- Identify and develop interventions that address system constraints and identify leverage points for appropriate action/support/investment.
- Ensure quality control and timeliness of all deliverables. Prepare and contribute to work plans, financial, logistical and other documents as requested.
- Support the overall knowledge management process, contributing to quarterly reports and the M&E and learning processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, agriculture, animal sciences, business management, or relevant field required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in natural resource management, agriculture, and livestock sectors.
- Minimum 5 years of management experience for large (minimum $5M) programs.
- Demonstrated understanding of budget planning, activity-based budgeting and tracking, forecasting; integrity and zero tolerance approach to corruption/malfeasance.
- Solid understanding of market systems and value chains; experience in ASALs or northern Kenya preferred.
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation tools, systems and ITC applications.
- Demonstrated experience leading, mentoring and motivating diverse teams (including remote management) with strong commitment to gender mainstreaming, responsiveness, and inclusion principles.
- English and Swahili proficiency required; other local language fluency/ability preferred.
- Ability to travel within and beyond Nairobi, Isiolo, Marsabit, Garissa, Wajir, and Turkana counties.
- Kenyan nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs.
The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted.
ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer.
Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.