Business Registration Service (“The Service”) is a Semi-autonomous Government Agency created under the Business Registration Service Act 15 of 2015.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the following vacant post in the Business Registration Service:
Deputy Director – Legal Research
Advert No. 12/2019
Job Grade BRS 3
The Deputy Director, Legal Research will report to the Director Legal Compliance and Research.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities will entail:-
- initiating the formulation and review of research policies, strategies and procedures;
- providing leadership in research and development programs and activities;
- promoting research on social, economic and political trends and their impact on business registration;
- identifying stakeholders to support and fund legal research;
- initiating implementation of the research policy on business registration;
- setting benchmarks and standards for legal research;
- implementing research findings and recommendations of reports.
Requirements for appointment
A person shall qualify for appointment of the Deputy Director Legal Research if that person:
- Is a Kenyan Citizen;
- Has seven(7) years relevant working experience;
- Has served in the grade of Assistant Director, Legal Research or in a comparable position for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Holds a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines:- Law, Economics/Statistics, Business Administration/Management, Education, Sociology, Political Science, Development Studies or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- A master’s degree from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Must be a member, in good standing, of a professional body;
- Demonstrates computer literacy;
- Demonstrates professional competence.
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to download the full advert and make their applications by completing and submitting the BRS Employment Application FORM
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- All applicants shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post or position during the interview.
The completed application form should be emailed to email@example.com on or before 15th June, 2020.