Business Registration Service (“The Service”) is a Semi-autonomous Government Agency created under the Business Registration Service Act 15 of 2015.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the following vacant post in the Business Registration Service:
Deputy Official Receiver
Advert No. 09/2020
Job Grade BRS 3
An officer at this level will be responsible to the Official Receiver.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Deputy Official Receiver’s duties and responsibilities will entail:
- ensuring efficient and effective administration of the Insolvency Act and any incidental Acts;
- issuing and renewing insolvency practitioners licenses;
- maintaining records in the registry;
- undertaking investigation and prosecutions;
- preparing reports;
- undertaking law review and research relating to insolvency matters;
- attending consultative meetings with stakeholders;
- creating linkages with professional bodies on matters of development of the legal framework for insolvency matters;
- handling client complaints;
- participating in preliminary examination of debtor;
- advertising the bankruptcy and the winding up order;
- tracing assets of the debtor and companies in liquidation, ensuring assets are preserved, valued and insured;
- ensuring that statements of affairs for both companies and debtors are filed;
- distributing assets to creditors; attending court; and
- making necessary applications.
Requirements for Appointment
A person shall qualify for appointment of the Deputy Official Receiver if that person:
- Is a Citizen of Kenya;
- Has seven (7) years post admission experience;
- Has served in the grade of Senior Assistant Official receiver or in a comparable managerial position for a minimum period of three (3) years with proven experience;
- Holds a Bachelor of Laws degree from a recognized institution;
- A master’s degree from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Is an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Must be a member, in good standing, of the Law society of Kenya (LSK)
- Demonstrates computer literacy;
- Demonstrates professional competence;
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to download the full advert and make their applications by completing and submitting the BRS Employment Application FORM
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- All applicants shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post or position during the interview.
The completed application form should be emailed to email@example.com on or before 15th June, 2020.