Business Registration Service (“The Service”) is a Semi-autonomous Government Agency created under the Business Registration Service Act 15 of 2015.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the following vacant post in the Business Registration Service:
Deputy Registrar – Movable Property and Security Rights (MPSR)
Advert No. 10/2020
Job Grade BRS 3
The Deputy Registrar of Movable Property and Security Rights shall be the reporting to the Director General.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Deputy Registrar shall be the head of the Registry of Movable Property Security Rights and Hire Purchase and shall be responsible for the implementation of the Movable Properties Security Rights Act and Hire Purchase Act.
The specific duties and responsibilities shall include;
- registration of security rights in movable assets,
- registration of hire purchase agreements,
- day to day administration and management of the affairs of the Registry and
- all such duties as imposed by the Act and any other duty as may be assigned by the Director General/Board.
Requirements for Appointment
A person shall qualify for appointment of the Deputy registrar of Movable Property and Security Rights if that person:
- Is a Citizen of Kenya;
- Has seven (7) years post admission experience;
- Has served in the grade of Senior Assistant Registrar or any similar managerial position for a minimum period of three (3) years with proven experience;
- Holds a Bachelor of Laws degree from a recognized university;
- A master’s degree from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Is an advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Must be a member, in good standing, of the Law society of Kenya (LSK)
- Demonstrates administrative and professional competence;
- Demonstrates computer literacy.
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
Interested and qualified persons are requested to download the full advert and make their applications by completing and submitting the BRS Employment Application FORM
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- All applicants shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post or position during the interview.
The completed application form should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15th June, 2020.