Business Registration Service (“The Service”) is a Semi-autonomous Government Agency created under the Business Registration Service Act 15 of 2015.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the following vacant post in the Business Registration Service:
Deputy Registrar of Companies
Advert No. 08/2020
Job Grade BRS 3
An officer at this level will be responsible to the Registrar of Companies.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Deputy Registrar of Companies duties and responsibilities will entail: – ensuring efficient and effective administration of the Companies Act, the Registration of Business Names Act and the Limited Liability Partnership Act; registration of companies, business names, limited liability partnerships, maintaining records in the companies registry; attending consultative meetings with stakeholders and handling client complaints.
Requirements for Appointment
A person shall qualify for appointment of the Deputy Registrar of Companies if that person:
- Is a Citizen of Kenya;
- Has seven (7) years post admission experience;
- Has served in the grade of a Senior Assistant Registrar of Companies or in a similar managerial position for a minimum period of three (3) years with proven experience;
- Holds a Bachelors of Laws degree from a recognized institution;
- A master’s degree from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Is an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Is a member, in good standing, of the Law society of Kenya (LSK)
- Demonstrates computer literacy;
- Demonstrates professional competence;
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to download the full advert and make their applications by completing and submitting the BRS Employment Application FORM
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- All applicants shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post or position during the interview.
The completed application form should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15th June, 2020.