DSW seeks to recruit a National Team Coordinator – Resource Mobilisation.
Place of Work: Nairobi.
Reporting to: National Department Manager-Programmes and Projects.
Introduction: DSW Kenya is a non-governmental organisation registered in Kenya as one of the East African country offices of Deutsche Stiftung Weltbevölkerung (DSW), a global development organisation founded and headquartered in Germany.
DSW Kenya focuses on the needs and potential of the largest youth generation in history.
We are committed to creating demand for and access to health information, services and supplies for youth, and to securing their right for a brighter future. We achieve this by engaging in advocacy, capacity development, and family planning initiatives, which make sure that youth are empowered to lead healthy and self-determined lives.
Established in May 2000, DSW Kenya has its headquarters in Nairobi with additional offices in Mombasa and Kitale and active programme interventions in 16 counties: Bungoma, Embu, Busia, Kakamega, Kilifi, Kwale, Laikipia, Meru, Mombasa, Nairobi, Nakuru, Nandi, Nyandarua, Trans Nzoia, Uasin Gishu, and West Pokot.
The National Team Coordinator (NTC)-Resource Mobilisation will lead and oversee resource mobilisation and partnership development in DSW Kenya.
Specifically, he/she will support DSW Kenya to grow and diversify its funding base for delivery of organisational goals in line with the Strategic Plan.
Reporting to the National Manager-Programmes & Projects, the NTC-Resource Mobilisation will coordinate resource mobilisation in close collaboration with the departmental heads and the Country Director.
Funding Analysis and Donor and Partner Engagement;
- Lead and manage resource mobilisation processes including research and analysis of new funding opportunities and donor trends.
- Lead relationship-building efforts, including fostering close collaboration with donors at national and international level and managing donor consortia for resource mobilisation and programme design.
- Represent DSW at strategic forums when required.
Project Design and Proposal Development;
- Support the DSW programme team in developing innovative concepts as part of lessons learnt within the project cycle management.
- Lead on the efficient preparation and timely submission of proposals in line with DSW standards including analysis of donor requirements, identification of partners and coordination of technical teams.
- Track progress of proposals submitted.
Capacity Development and Knowledge Management;
- Identify and address capacity-building needs of staff in resource mobilisation.
- Support the adherence to internal planning and knowledge management tools.
- Coordinate and manage resource mobilisation efforts in close coordination with the DSW Resource Mobilisation Team based at head office level in Germany.
Any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements and Experience
- A successful candidate must possess a Master’s Degree and a Bachelor’s degree in: social sciences, development studies, project management or related fields.
- He/she must have at least five (5) years’ professional experience in resource mobilisation and partnership building and three (3) years in middle-management functions.
- He/she must have extensive demonstrable experience in project proposal development, networking and management of donor relations. A proven track record in raising income from institutional donors is desired.
- He/she should have experience in programme design in Reproductive Health and Rights, Youth Empowerment and gender related programmes.
- He/she should have excellent writing and public-speaking skills, proven experiences in log frame development and knowledge in budget development.
- Must be proficient in computer applications including Excel.
How to Apply
If interested, please send your application (CV and motivation letter stating your current and expected salary) with the reference “National Team Coordinator-Resource Mobilisation” clearly indicated in the email subject line to: email@example.com
Deadline for application: 28 May, 2020 COB.
Ideal start date: Immediate.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
DSW is an equal opportunity employer and does not require applicants to pay money at any stage during the recruitment process.