Sheer Logic Management Consultants is seeking to engage a dynamic individual for Finance Manager Position.
Job Purpose: Analyse every day financial activities and subsequently provide advice and guidance to upper management on future financial plans to enable the company make sound business decisions and meet its objectives
- Establish and maintain a framework for financial planning and management to facilitate company objectives and strategic priorities;
- Oversee the timeous preparation and submission of budgets, work plans, statistics, management and financial reports;
- Oversee research, drafting and updating of financial and administration policy manuals, among other Accountability manuals;
- Establish a sound financial management system for the effective and efficient utilization of organizational resources;
- Review operations against budgets, determine the financial position and necessary courses of action;
- Payment review, approvals, authorization, liaison with staff, and regular budget monitoring and tracking;
- Develop external relationships with appropriate contacts e.g. suppliers, clients, auditors, solicitors, bankers and statutory organizations such as KRA;
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities;
- Summarize current financial status of the company by analyzing accounting information and reviewing the management and financial reports;
- Carry out business modelling and risk assessments;
- Establish systems that drive compliance with legal and administrative requirements for the company, including local authority licenses, registration requirements, etc. Collaborate with other departmental heads on compliance with statutory requirements and development of new policies;
- Periodically research, review and competitively select company vendors including ICT, auditors, suppliers, insurance providers and other contracted services;
- Manage renewal of Service Level Agreements with external service providers and ensure the same meet acceptable legal and procurement requirements;
- Organize regular trainings for departmental staff on the use of the finance systems and identify periodic skills development or in-house training opportunities for staff;
- Oversee operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration/Finance/Supply Chain Management/Economics/Law or relevant field from a recognized University;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Finance/Supply Chain Management/Economics/Law or relevant field from a recognized University;
- Professional qualifications in Accounting (CPA-K/ACCA)/Finance/Project Management or relevant field
- Member of a relevant professional body – ICPAK/EACFFPC/KRATI/KESRA/KISM/CIPS;
- Minimum of eleven (11) years’ relevant experience gained from a reputable organization;
- Everything within scope of responsibility while still empowering others to do the same;
- Extensive understanding of financial trends both within the company and general market patterns;
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations
- Extremely high levels oral, written and negotiation skills;
- Strategic, innovative with ability to sell the corporate vision;
- Knowledge and experience utilising accounting software e.g. SAGE/PASTEL, QuickBooks, Na Visio etc.
Behavioral Competencies / Attributes:
- Able to manage, guide and lead subordinates to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used;
- Strong commitment to the principles underpinning good governance and sound financial management;
- Excellent Planning and Organizing skills;
- Commercial and business awareness;
- An astute commercial manager with demonstrated ability to coach and develop others to higher performance;
- Strong demonstrated use of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint;
- Excellent business judgment, analytical, and decision-making skills;
How to Apply
Send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1st June 2020.
Clearly indicate the job title.