Job Title: General Manager – Construction Projects
Salary: 400K – 500K
Our client is a leading real estate company.
They seek to hire an experienced General Manager responsible for overseeing and supervising the day to day management of the projects, oversee, supervise and approve all building procedures, building construction and all infrastructure components to completion.
- Develop and deliver on the business plan and company strategy to ensure attainment of company goals and profitability
- Keep abreast of the markets and industry trends by mapping various facets of the sector in order to ensure the company remains ahead through innovation and execution in the real estate space
- Propose the development of new services/products or the improvement of the existing ones in relation with market and industry analysis
- Participate in project planning, execution, monitoring and implementation, ensuring that ongoing projects are successfully completed
- Review project plans to determine time frame, funding limitations, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project.
- Provide oversight and direction to outside third parties (architects, engineers, construction professionals) on projects.
- Engage in engineering and environmental due diligence activities while working with a network of third party firms.
- Provide and maintain project budgets, schedules, and other project related information and documentation utilizing standard project management tools.
- Develop relationships with consultants/contractors/suppliers and evaluate their performance.
- Provide strategic guidance in the sourcing, negotiating and structuring of new deals
- Approve new deals proposed by the Business Development Team
- Ensure all contracts with suppliers, contractors and buyers are executed and maintained
- Develop and maintain appropriate tools and processes aimed at capturing, tracking and reporting relevant operational and financial metrics for critical decision making
- Train and nurture a motivated team aligned to the company vision and mission
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture/Civil Engineering/Construction Management
- Licensed Engineer or Registered Architect
- A minimum of 10 years professional experience with building design and / or construction industry and / or real estate investment environment in a similar role.
- Broad knowledge of real estate/property services finance with a high analytic aptitude.
- Ability to move multiple projects ahead in an organized and collaborative manner is an essential skill.
- Excellent planning, organizational and communications skills.
- Experience in overseeing planning, design and construction projects, and advanced knowledge of the design and construction industry and standard practices
- Ability to handle multiple tasks – both short term and long term in nature – under stress of budget constraints, timeline demands, and high level of expected results.
- Excellent Communication skills – verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal skills. Strategic thinker, analytical, problem solver, deadline driven, team player, self-motivated, innovative, professional, positive, energetic, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated track record meeting financial business plans, budgets, and project schedules.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (General Manager – Construction Projects) to email@example.com on or before Wednesday 3rd June 2020
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.