GMC Pot Limited – The Fun Place
Job Title: Head Cook
Welcome to the Fun Place – your one stop center for family entertainment in Kitengela. Come and experience fun at an entertainment center of its kind.
Job Summary: As a head cook you will be responsible for everything that goes on in the kitchen.
Not only will you be required to oversee all meals from start to finish, you will also be tasked with meeting health and safety standards and dreaming up new recipes for the restaurant.
Duties and Responsibilities:-
- To cook a variety of high quality items for a range of events including large functions, high end fine dining and day to day produce for all customers
- To receive feedback from customers and actively make efforts to address any issues, seeking continuous improvements
- To supervise the work of the kitchen staff team.
- To participate in staff rosters which require a level of flexibility on working hours and days
- To complete new employees inductions
- Attend staff meetings on a regular basis
- Inspire a diverse team through leading by example at all times to achieve the desired results
- To assist in receiving food and beverage stocks from reputable suppliers adhering to appropriate quality standards
- To contribute towards achieving cost of goods targets through efficient control of portion sizes, utilization of seasonal produce, stock control and minimization of wastage for efficient production
- To assist in carrying out stock takes of all food, beverage and equipment as requested
- To ensure all food is stored and labelled in the correct manner
Business Process & Innovation:
- To provide quality menus consistently for all customers and adhere to these standards at all times
- Daily ordering of product, appropriate storage, food preparation, shelf display and presentation of product at a high level.
- Ensure high standard of cleaning, hygiene and order throughout the restaurant
- To follow Work Health and Safety guidelines for all products and working practices, including adhering to cleaning procedures, maintaining food and beverages at the correct temperatures, correct storage of goods, safe operation of equipment, and avoidance of spills, trips and slips.
- To follow policy and procedures
- To present oneself professionally and demonstrate clear communication
Work Health and Safety:
- Ensure policies and procedures are implemented as required
- Investigate workplace hazards and ensure corrective actions are implemented
- Ensure areas of responsibility comply with Work Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Ensure staff are appropriately trained in WHS, standard work method statements and risk assessment
- Ensure standard work method statements are reviewed annually
- Provide advice and assistance on Work Health and Safety issues within the unit and ensure workplace inspections are carried out as required
- To carry out any other duties commensurate with the nature and level of the position
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or relevant experience within the hospitality sector.
- Experience in managing a high volume banqueting environment and the ability to work in a calm manner
- Demonstrated knowledge and passion for creative and modern food production in a high volume environment
- High standard of professional and personal presentation
- The ability to engage positively with customers and team members at all times
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to deal with people at all levels within the organization
- Possess excellent organizational, time management and communication skills
- Information technology skills and knowledge of Microsoft suite
- Understanding that this role will include flexibility as well as working for long hours due to business demands
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the above are required to send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with “HEAD COOK” being the subject of the email with detailed CV names & addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note that GMC – Fun place does not charge any fees.