Health Strat is an indigenous public health organization specializing in designing and implementing innovative health systems solutions.
Health Strat implements donor funded programs in HIV/TB/RMNCAH/FP at both national and county levels.
We are inviting applications from experienced and qualified individuals for the below key positions for an anticipated USAID-funded HIV service delivery project in Kenya.
These positions will be based in Nairobi, Coast and Western regions of Kenya.
Recruitment and selection of the final applicants is subject to USAID approval.
CHIEF OF PARTY
ROLE & PURPOSE: Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief of Party will have overall responsibility for leading and managing the project, to ensure that the project achieves its intended impact. S/he will provide strategic leadership and managerial oversight of the administrative, programmatic, technical, and operational aspects of the project. The Chief of Party will oversee the day-to-day work of the project and be responsible for the effective use and deployment of staff and financial resources to achieve project goals and objectives.
S/he is will be accountable for all aspects of the project management, including financial and budgetary oversight, timely implementation of activities, and stakeholder relationship management and enhancing county capacity to promote self-reliance by the end of the project.
- Serve as the primary liaison with designated USAID Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) for all project related matters.
- Provide strategic direction of project activities. Develop and update the project strategic plan, ensuring that programmatic directions are technically sound, evidence-based and consistent with national priorities.
- Ensure that project performance objectives and mandated deliverables such as technical activities, annual work plans and programmatic/financial/technical reports are carried out in a timely fashion and meet the highest quality standard.
- Lead partnerships within the project consortium and external stakeholders to enhance team work necessary for the success of the project.
- Provide leadership and direction to monitoring and evaluation strategies, frameworks, plans and indicators to capture project performance and results. Lead a periodic implementation review process to monitor progress and to identify specific actions that may be needed to achieve expected results.
- In collaboration with project staff, establish and maintain the ongoing administrative and financial operations of field offices, ensuring compliance with Health Strat policies and USAID contract provisions.
- Recruit, develop and manage the project team and subcontractors, ensuring that adequate and appropriate capacity building plans are in place and that human resources policies are appropriate for team retention and high performance.
- Demonstrate a commitment to gender and adolescent and young person’s integration in the programmatic and operational aspects of the project, as well as in team composition and inclusivity.
- Ensure that the project deploys an effective collaborating, learning and adapting approach, such that the project strategies evolve in a changing context to achieve desired outcomes.
- Employ appropriate management procedures to ensure that all resources are in place, adhered to, and in compliance with donor rules and regulations.
- Work with Health Strat’s head office, to develop policies and procedures that improve project efficiency and quality.
- Develop, monitor and revise budget pipeline and conduct monthly reviews t o ensure accountability of all project activities as well as the accurate and timely reporting of finance deliverables.
- Approve expenditures in accordance with Health Strat and USAID procedures, cost principles and regulations.
- In coordination with Health Strat’s Contracts, Grants & Compliance Director contract with and manage local individuals/organizations for identified tasks in compliance with USAID and Health Strat’s operations procedures.
- Partner successfully with Health Strat’s head office financial, technical and operations backstop officers by providing accurate and timely reporting and updates on the project progress and challenges.
- Cultivate and strengthen positive, productive relationships with USAID, partners, Ministry of Health and other governmental agencies ensuring that Health Strat is consistently viewed as an effective implement ing partner in meeting and achieving project goals and objectives.
- Manage and coordinate activities of subcontractors and partners to create synergy and ensure that project goals and objectives are carried out in accordance with donor regulations.
- Ensure documentation of project achievements for communications materials such as annual reports, brochures and website updates.
- Ensure that project strategies and activities are directly aligned with county priorities and local stakeholders to promote self-reliance and sustainable outcomes among the beneficiary population.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Health, Social Services, Management, Business Administration, or related field.
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of ten years’ work experience in managing and implementing complex public health programs of similar scope and size in a development context.
- At least seven years’ demonstrated experience in a senior capacity in at least two of the following areas: HIV/AIDS care and treatment; maternal, newborn and child health; reproductive health; nutrition; quality improvement/ quality assurance; health systems strengthening; M&E; and operations research.
- At least five years’ experience in development, managing, overseeing, or evaluating public health programs of similar size and complexity.
- At least seven years’ experience in program management and administration, financial management, award contractual compliance, sub award management, and tracking project performance and costs via specific funding streams.
- Political savvy, as s/he will interact with numerous GOK institutions and senior-level national and county-level government officials.
- Strong management skills, strategic vision, leadership qualities, professional reputation, ability to create synergies where applicable, interpersonal skills, and written and oral presentation skills to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the project description.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CVs to email@example.com by May 27, 2020.
Candidates are required to indicate the position title & the location of interest on the subject line of the email when applying e.g. “Chief of Party, Nairobi Region”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.