Health Strat is an indigenous public health organization specializing in designing and implementing innovative health systems solutions.
Health Strat implements donor funded programs in HIV/TB/RMNCAH/FP at both national and county levels.
We are inviting applications from experienced and qualified individuals for the below key positions for an anticipated USAID-funded HIV service delivery project in Kenya.
These positions will be based in Nairobi, Coast and Western regions of Kenya.
Recruitment and selection of the final applicants is subject to USAID approval.
Contracts, Grants & Compliance Director
Role & Purpose: Reporting to the Chief of Party (COP) the Contracts, Grants & Compliance Director will monitor the contracts and grants management operations to ensure quality of contracts and grants administration and compliance with legal and donor requirements across the project.
She/he will manage efficient operations in the areas of procurement, budget preparation, contracting, award administration (grants, cooperative agreements and contracts) as well as financial monitoring. She/he will design, implement, manage and monitor contracts and grants workflow processes and procedures.
- Establishes grants management systems and ensures compliance with USG rules and regulations and legal requirements.
- Develops and oversees standard terms and conditions for grant award letters, agreements and contracts.
- Responsible for writing and reviewing memoranda of understandings, teaming agreements, contracts and sub-agreements.
- Acts as the main point of contact with project partner contracting officers.
- Negotiates contracts, sub-contracts and modifications, advises upper management of risk involved and takes the lead in disputes concerning contractual issues.
- Supports timely project reporting to the donor and by the sub awardees to the prime as outlined in the contract documents.
- Sets up project account systems and tools to monitor compliance with agreement terms and conditions.
- Responsible for monitoring deliverables, cost estimates, allowable costs, and primary cost-sharing documentations.
- Maintains permanent files including successful proposals, all award documents and correspondence with contracts and grants officers that affect funding or other agreement terms and conditions.
- Monitors sub-contractors/recipients for deliverables, invoices, compliance with regulations, as well as terms and conditions
- Advises project staff on matters related to preparation, administration and closeout of contracts and sub-awards and manages their implementation.
- Establishes and/or enhances operational policies and procedures for procurement and contracts/grants management, drafts templates for contracts & grants and creates and provides training to staff and sub awardees on contractual and compliance matters.
- Incorporates key project staff to support all aspects of the contracts & grants process and provides technical support.
- Supports in compliance reviews and audit of the project including sub awardees/ contracts.
- Manages staff that report to the position holder.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Business Administration
- CPAK or its equivalent
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of seven years relevant experience in federal and/or private grants/contracts management.
- Experience with federal government funded projects, USAID and Department of State experience preferred.
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills to set priorities, establish deadlines, and follow through in a timely manner, to organize files and records for easy access and tracking.
- Demonstrated experience in formulating and implementing policies and procedures.
- Ability to understand/compare contract/grant data to develop and implement budgets, goals, and plans.
- Ability to compose reports, presentations, of memos or other written documents based on analysis of information, presented in an organized, logical and concise manner
- Demonstrated expertise with and knowledge of federal cost principles, administrative requirements, and other applicable rules and regulations regarding implementation of federal awards.
- Ability to identify and analyze complex accounting/contract/grant information or problems in an objective manner and derive logical conclusions to provide a sound basis for establishing priorities, selecting appropriate courses of action, and resolving conflicts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for use in preparing information, clarifying situations, resolving problems, and for use in preparing a variety of correspondence and reports.
- Highly developed collaboration, management, and leadership skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team with all levels of staff.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and motivate staff and delegate as needed to achieve project objectives.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CVs to email@example.com by May 27, 2020.
Candidates are required to indicate the position title & the location of interest on the subject line of the email when applying e.g. “Chief of Party, Nairobi Region”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.