Health Strat is an indigenous public health organization specializing in designing and implementing innovative health systems solutions.
Health Strat implements donor funded programs in HIV/TB/RMNCAH/FP at both national and county levels.
We are inviting applications from experienced and qualified individuals for the below key positions for an anticipated USAID-funded HIV service delivery project in Kenya.
These positions will be based in Nairobi, Coast and Western regions of Kenya.
Recruitment and selection of the final applicants is subject to USAID approval.
DEPUTY CHIEF OF PARTY & SERVICE DELIVERY TECHNICAL ADVISOR (DCOP/SDTA)
ROLE & PURPOSE: Reporting to the Chief of Party (COP) the DCOP/SDTA, will be responsible for overall technical oversight of the project and is specifically responsible for project implementation at facility and community level.
S/he will provide leadership in ensuring technical implementation of high quality, high impact, proven interventions, and ensure that the project meets stated goals and objectives and reporting requirements.
- Deputize the COP on all matters as assigned.
- Lead overall project technical design and implementation strategies, infrastructure, and continuously monitor and evaluate in conjunction with Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Director, towards achieving organizational strategic goals.
- Lead development of scopes of work for project partners and guide project consortium members in their programmatic/thematic implementation roles and responsibilities and enhance team work necessary for greater efficiency and effectiveness in project implementation.
- Under the leadership of the COP, represent the project to USAID Kenya office, County government and MOH, partner representatives and stakeholders to ensure a smooth and effectively functioning project consortium.
- In collaboration with M&E Director, lead the development of annual work plans, associated donor resource requests and monitor implementation progress against approved work plans and budgets ensuring timely completion of outcomes and achievement of targets.
- Ensure compliance with donor, host government and Health Strat policies and procedures.
- Support recruitment and orientation of new staff, strengthen teams through appropriate capacity building and rewards for performance.
- Assure programmatic and operational integration of gender and adolescent and young persons in all the aspects of the project activity and in team composition and inclusivity.
- Put in place collaborative, learning and adapting approaches to inform ongoing project review and evolution.
- Build structures that support direct engagement with county and local stakeholders to promote self-reliance and sustainable outcomes among the beneficiary population.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Public Health/Medicine or related field.
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of seven years’ work experience in managing and implementing complex public health programs of similar scope and size in a development context.
- Minimum of five years of demonstrated experience in managing and supervising technical teams and in project planning, design implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Minimum of three years of demonstrated experience in a senior capacity in the areas of HIV/AIDS care and treatment, maternal, newborn and child health and reproductive health /family planning and demonstrated experience in two of the following areas: nutrition; quality improvement/ quality assurance; community health, human resources for health development; M&E; and operations research.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government representatives, for-profit private sector entities, local community organizations, donors and other stakeholders, particularly at the sub-national level.
- Be fully conversant on global best practices and adaptations in the local context
- Comprehensive knowledge of the health context and structural issues in Kenya including socioeconomic, institutional and policy issues that are related to essential services in population, health, and nutrition.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Fluency in English.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CVs to email@example.com by May 27, 2020.
Candidates are required to indicate the position title & the location of interest on the subject line of the email when applying e.g. “Chief of Party, Nairobi Region”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.