The Health NGOs Network (HENNET) brings together different Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) with diverse interests but all having a common vision,” a healthy Kenyan society”.
HENNET’s mission is to stimulate linkages and strategic partnerships among health NGOs, government and private sector in order to enhance their responses towards health needs of Kenyans.
HENNET’s key areas of focus are Engagement, Information sharing, Service delivery, Social accountability and advocacy that is rights based.
Job Description: Communications Officer
Job Type: Volunteer
The Officer in close collaboration with the organizations team will be responsible for developing and implementing the external communication and media strategies of the organization work, including through the website, social media, newsletters, press contacts and briefings.
The communication officer will form part of a small and dynamic team. The officer will with a stipend. The officer can be from any part of Kenya and will work from home with minimal supervision.
Working closely with the Programme team the communications officer will be responsible for:-
- Website and social media: Maintaining the organization’s website and social media outlets, ensuring growth of audience and engagement.-
- Dissemination and outreach: Collating newsletter content, ensuring synergies between HENNET, the Government, its members and other likeminded partners
- Media strategy and press contacts: Developing a media strategy and press contacts for the organization ,in particular in preparation for and during the organization’s events such as the members day, during its advocacy and other relevant activities.
- Database management: Managing and expanding the organization’s database, in line with the organization’s work and able to develop digital reporting tools.
- Branding and design: Overseeing communication and branding of the Programme and the lay-out and design of publications
- Ensuring linkages with other partners: communication activities, taking initiative and performing any other duties as required to contribute to the work of the HENNET’s vision and mission
- Willingness to travel and attend HENNET meeting as requested by the organization
- Assist HENNET staff members is setting up online meetings as requested by the organization
Qualifications and Experience
Education: Degree in Communications & IT, Public Information, International Relations or related fields.
Job experience: Minimum of relevant experience with graduate degree in the above areas; and either experience NGOs or working in media, journalism, advocacy, or communications and marketing, or in closely related contexts.
- Proven technical knowledge of a wide range of multimedia, Mail Chimp, web and digital tools is required, including Drupal , zoom, team viewer and Survey Monkey among others
- Outstanding article-writing and editing skills.
- Have social media skills and ability to analyze data and come up with graphs to present information.
- Developed understanding of needs of media and public audiences, preferably with NGO-relevant approach.
Languages: Proficiency in English is required.
Strong planning and organization skills are paramount
Other requirements:- Ability to work remotely and one with excellent skills in digital and online work.
How to Apply
Applications should include the following:
- A cover letter stating relevant experience and date available to start working for the organization
- A current CV including email and mobile phone contact
- Name and phone number for two professional referees
- Two letters of recommendation
- Copies of academic and professional certificates
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are encouraged to send in their applications to: email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 10th May, 2020 by 4:30 PM.