The Health NGOs Network (HENNET) brings together different Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) with diverse interests but all having a common vision,” a healthy Kenyan society”.
HENNET’s mission is to stimulate linkages and strategic partnerships among health NGOs, government and private sector in order to enhance their responses towards health needs of Kenyans.
HENNET’s key areas of focus are Engagement, Information sharing, Service delivery, Social accountability and advocacy that is rights based.
Job Vacancy: Finance and Administration Officer
Job Type: Contract
Qualification: Degree in finance and administrative related course and a Certified Public Accountant (At-least CPA Section 4)
Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit- Finance and Administration Officer
Job Overview: Health NGO’s Network (HENNET) is seeking for Finance and Administration Officer to be part of its Secretariat. This officer will be in-charge of the finance, accounting human resource and administrative functions for Health Network of NGOs (HENNET).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure generation of correct and informative financial reports on a timely basis for the management team, board, partners and/or funding agencies.
- Be accountable for the correct financial management of all activities, guaranteeing that sound financial standards and principles are constantly applied.
- Develop and coordinate preparation of proposal budgets and monitor preparation and utilization of other budgets of the organization.
- Plan for financial audits for the organization, as required.
- Maintain appropriate filing of monetary records, and ensure proper backup of all files.
- Implement financial policies and procedures of HENNET.
- Do bookkeeping for the organization to keep with IFRS principles.
- Manage the bank accounts including preparation of regular reports for the board and management.
- Support business development by preparing donor budgets during proposal development.
- Prepare HENNET Financial statements and reports
- Track and validate creditor and receivable accounts
- Manage payroll including ensuring remittances are done on a timely basis, as per HENNET’s finance policy.
General and Administrative duties:
- Oversee and administer the day-to-day activities of the office including management of facility and utilities.
- Support operational engagement with HENNET members.
- Lead in the logistical support on operational and programmatic matters concerning the Office for instance meetings, conferences, and other special events; attend meetings, and participate as appropriate.
- Ensure that annual returns are filed and records pertaining to the organization are updated with respective government agencies
- Oversee grants and contacts including contractual agreements with partners, suppliers and following up on financial reports financial reports and membership contributions.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and end of year reports for your department
- Manage HENNET’s assets including maintaining an up-to-date asset register for the organization.
- Lead in the procurement of HENNET’s assets required by the organization as per HENNET’s procurement policy
- Prepare and execute an annual asset disposal plan for HENNET.
- Lead the department by ensuring adherence of staff to HENNET’s administrative procedures including HR support in recruitment processes, maintaining monthly time sheets, staff’s leave management schedules, appraisal schedule, human resource files, and clearance procedures among others.
- Work with management to organize staff welfare activities during the year.
- Any other duties as shall be assigned from time to time.
- Degree in finance and administration related course.
- Certified Public Accountant (At-least CPA Section 4).
- At-least 5 years of experience in Finance and Administration functions in an NGO or similar field-Experience with fund accounting.
- Demonstrated experience in managing donor funds
- High integrity, strong result orientation, drives for excellence and takes initiative.
- Excellent organizational, communication, analytical and reporting skills.
- IT Savvy with work experience in QuickBooks and other relevant accounting and finance tools.
- Experience with development work and NGO’s is an added advantage.
- Training and experience in human resource management will be an added management.
How to Apply
Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy; email@example.com by 5:00 pm on 25th May 2020