Our Client, a leader in food manufacturing seeks to hire two internal audit assistants on a permanent basis to join their internal audit team.
The internal auditor assistants are responsible for timely execution of internal audits to assist clients minimize operation and production cost and maximize on revenue targets through assessing their internal control system.
No. of Positions: Two (2)
Employment Terms: Permanent with an initial probation period of a minimum of 3 months
Region: The position is based in Nairobi, with frequent local travel.
Salary: 35K – 40K
- Assist management in implementation of company policies through reporting on adherence or non-adherence of laid down policies of the company.
- Safeguard company resources against unaccountability and misuse through implementation of a proper functioning internal control system and periodic verification of asset existence.
- Review company’s compliance with external laws and to ensure adherence.
- Assess the performance of organizational units to ascertain whether defined objectives have been achieved and whether those objectives were achieved efficiently.
- Conduct risk assessments and recommend appropriate practices of managing these risks.
- Evaluate and report on the effectiveness and efficiency of the implementation of management policies
- Carry out independent investigations into company affairs as required by management
- Conduct cost studies to establish whether an entity is operating within the set standards and as per the company policy
- Make follow-up on the implementation of the audit recommendation and ensuring that improvements are made.
- Conduct physical stock takes and cash counts for our clients to ascertain the effectiveness of internal control systems put in stocks.
- Prepare audit reports on findings of the engagement with the entity’s management attaching relevant supporting documents/audit evidence and document their comments on these audit findings.
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in internal audit capacity.
- At least CPA part 1 or CPA finalist.
- Degree in accounting or finance or any other related field is preferred.
- Computer Competence (MS Office Applications)
- Good operational Audits skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Good analytical skills
- Independence of mind
- Objectivity and decisiveness
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online.
Deadline: 18th May 2020.
Interviews at client site will be held in June and we will shortlist and vet on a rolling basis, hence early application is highly encouraged.