Vacant Position: IT Manager
Location: Mogadishu, Somali
Job Brief: Our Client, a Community Bank in Mogadishu ,Somali is seeking an I.T Manager who will work in its main office .The Bank’s operations are guided by the principles of Islamic (or Sharia) law and Islamic economics.
As a leader in the IT department, he/she will be responsible for organization-wide Systems and Information Technology.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide technical advice to the management on selection and procurement of all IT software’s and hardware’s.
- Setting up and manage a team of highly qualified IT team to run the day-to-day operations of the IT department.
- Overseeing and determining timeframes for major IT projects including system updates, upgrades, migrations, and outages
- Managing and reporting on allocation of IT budget.
- Developing and implementing IT policy and best practice guides for the organization
- Setting up a highly secure IT infrastructure and System including guiding on integration with other 3rd party systems.
- Ensuring running of regular checks on network and data security of the bank.
- Identifying and acting on opportunities to improve and update software and systems
- Designing training programs and workshops for IT staff.
- Conducting regular system audits, Monitoring, and maintaining computer systems and networks.
- Running and sharing regular operation system reports with senior staff
- Ensuring Bank’s Back-up and Disaster Recoveries sites are set up and regularly maintained.
- Identifying opportunities for team training and skills advancement.
- Ensuring the IT team is providing technical support across the company by setting up and monitoring an IT helpdesk.
Qualification and Experience
- Degree in Information Technology / Computer Science.
- A minimum of 10 years work experience in IT with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a commercial banking set-up.
- Leadership and Management Skills
- Membership of a relevant professional body.
- Excellent English communication skills (both oral and written)
- Knowledge to Islamic Banking Practices will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of Somali Language will be deemed a strong added benefit
If you are qualified, send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject IT Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly indicate your expected salary.