Network Security Specialist
The Network Security Specialist is responsible for maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of the organization’s data in motion and information systems, through preventing, detecting and resolving security threats to KCB Group computer networks.
The holder is also responsible for the deployment, testing and maintenance of network security systems.
- Security administration, optimization and support of the Bank’s web security gateways/proxies, perimeter firewalls, network intrusion detection/prevention systems, and network admission control in compliance with the Bank’s policies and standards.
- Collaborate in the continuous monitoring and defence of the Bank’s networks for cybersecurity threat indicators, identify compromised endpoints, fine tune intrusion detection/prevention signatures and mechanisms; report on violations and security measures taken to address threats.
- Appropriately and practically defend the Bank’s network perimeter, remote access, local and wide area network (LAN/WAN), and wireless networks (WLAN), in accordance with established policies, procedures, guidelines and practices.
- Develop Network Security Policies and Minimum Configuration Baseline Standards in line with industry best practices and technologies commensurate with risk and regulatory requirements and implementing the same cost effectively.
- Define, create, and deliver compliance reports and relevant metrics to the Senior Manager, Security Protection and Defence.
- Provide technical network security related support to projects from inception through to successful implementation in a bid to ensure that network security is inbuilt into the infrastructure.
- Coordinate effective and secure lifecycle management of encryption keys and certificates for the Bank.
- Continuous audit of network security configuration of all network systems, including but not limited to Firewalls, Identity Services Engine, WLAN, LAN equipment so as to provide optimum security, performance and availability.
- Provide input into technology security risk control self-assessments by leveraging specialized knowledge in identity/privileged access management.
- Research on and provide technical network security expertise to the Senior Manager, Security Protection and Defence and the Head, Technology Security.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field from a recognized university.
- Must possess at least one professional certification such as CCNA, CCNA Security or CCSA. CISA, CISM, Security+, CISSP will be added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years’ supervisory experience in Information Technology; with at least:
- 3 years’ experience in Information Security.
- 2 years’ experience in Network Security (Firewall, NAC etc) Administration.
- Experience in Project Implementation & User Training.
- Good knowledge of Banking Operations.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Excellent problem analysis and attention to detail.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online.
To be considered your application must be received by Tuesday, 26th May, 2020
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are successful, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card
- Birth Certificate of self
- Passport Photo (White Background)
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Certificate of Good Conduct (less than 5 Months old)
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts