Exciting Career Opportunities in the Medical Field
The Kerwa Catholic Health Centre is a faith-based institution committed to providing affordable and all-inclusive inpatient and outpatient treatment services to the satisfaction of our clients in line with best medical practices.
In order to improve our efficiency and enhance service delivery to our clients, we are seeking to recruit dynamic and results driven individuals who are passionate about developing their skills and experience to fill the following position:
Role Overview: The job holder will be responsible for performing a variety of laboratory tests and procedures to assist physicians in diagnosing, monitoring, treating and preventing diseases including blood banking, chemistry, hematology, immunology, and microbiology among others.
- Receive, label and analyze samples (blood, toxic, tissue etc.)
- Design and execute laboratory testing according standard procedures, make observations and interpret findings
- Conduct experiments under defined conditions to verify/reject various types of hypotheses using refined scientific methods
- Organize and store all chemicals substances, fluids and compressed gases according to safety instructions
- Record all data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic) with accuracy and responsibility
- Maintain equipment and assist in ordering laboratory supplies
- Ensure that all safety guidelines are followed strictly at all times and maintain a clean and orderly environment
- Diploma in biology, chemistry or relevant field
- Proven experience as Lab Technician or relevant position
- Experience in operating electrical and nonelectrical laboratory equipment and potentially dangerous substances (flammable liquids, infectious bacteria, biohazards etc.)
- In depth knowledge of QHSE Systems, preventative measures and laboratory best practices
- Excellent physical condition and endurance
- Working knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel) and database systems
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure
- Valid laboratory technician license
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their Application and CVs to email@example.com, not later than 18th May 2020.
Please do not attach copies of your documents.
NB: Kerwa Catholic Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer