Exciting Career Opportunities in the Medical Field
The Kerwa Catholic Health Centre is a faith-based institution committed to providing affordable and all-inclusive inpatient and outpatient treatment services to the satisfaction of our clients in line with best medical practices.
In order to improve our efficiency and enhance service delivery to our clients, we are seeking to recruit dynamic and results driven individuals who are passionate about developing their skills and experience to fill the following position:
Location: Kerwa, Kikuyu, Kiambu County
Role Overview: The job holder will be responsible for providing holistic and responsive nursing care and services. He/she will be responsible for providing and coordinating patient care, educating patients and the public about various health conditions as well as providing emotional support to the patients and family members.
- Identify patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements.
- Establish a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to the patients
- Administration of treatment and medication as per guidelines of physician to the patients
- Providing appropriate health care services including integrated management of childhood illnesses ( IMCI), immunization, PMTCT and antenatal care and delivery
- Promote patient’s independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
- Assure quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing division’s philosophies and standards of care set by the Nursing Council of Kenya and other governing agency regulations
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel.
- Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations
- Maintain continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintain patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Prepare daily reports and other reports as requested.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Diploma in Nursing.
- At least 2 years nursing clinical experience
- Registration with the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Valid practicing license from Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and attention to detail
- Other post qualification training will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their Application and CVs to email@example.com, not later than 18th May 2020.
Please do not attach copies of your documents.
NB: Kerwa Catholic Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer