Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS) is a State Corporation whose responsibility is to manage and conserve wildlife in Kenya.
The Service seeks to recruit a dynamic, innovative and experienced individual to fill the following vacant position at its Headquarters and KWS Training Institute, Naivasha:-
Head, Corporate Communications
Job Grade “3b”
One (1) Post
Advert Ref: No. KWS/59/2020
Reporting to the Director General, the overall responsibility will be to manage and direct the organization’s corporate communications policy and strategies as well as serve as the spokesperson and media contact for the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement communication policies, strategies, campaigns and departmental plans.
- Advise management on public relations strategies and corporate reputation
- Provide overall leadership over corporate identity and image
- Establish and maintain liaison with organizations on public affairs
- Establish and maintain linkages with media houses and practitioners
- Communicate with the media, Government agencies and other external parties as the face of the organization whenever the Director General is not doing the same.
- Coordinate protocol and reception of distinguished visitors.
- Coordinate and supervise production of articles and other information materials for various media.
- Provide corporate communications support across the Service.
- Organize events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days and press familiarization trips and other public relations activities.
- Oversee website, intranet management content generation as well as Service online presence through social media platforms.
- Coordinate mapping of emerging issues, identifying priorities and monitoring implementation of agreed mitigation actions.
- Manage crisis communication in consultation with senior management.
- Anticipate public concerns and address them appropriately.
- Coordinate drafting of speeches and ensure quality.
- Coordinate timely collating of necessary materials and prompt response to parliamentary queries.
- Timely production and distribution of in-house journals, newsletters, corporate and other related publications.
- Supervise, appraise and ensuring appropriate training of staff in the Department.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Director General from time to time.
- Masters degree in Mass Communication, Public Relations, Media Relations or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Bachelors degree in Public Relations, Mass Communication, International Relations, Journalism or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Membership with a relevant professional body.
- Minimum ten (10) years working experience three (3) of which must have been in senior management level.
- Excellent writing, oral presentation, communication, interpersonal, analytical, research and problem solving skills are essential.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should download the KWS Application for Employment Form on the website, fill and forward the same enclosing copies of their academic and professional certificates, copy of ID card, detailed CV indicating work experience, current remuneration and employer, daytime telephone contact – both office and mobile, names, addresses and emails of two (2) referees to the address below not later than Tuesday 16th June, 2020 at 4.30pm.
Kenya Wildlife Service
P. O. Box 40241 – 00100
Short-listed candidates will be required to obtain and be in possession of the following documents at the interview stage:-
- Police Clearance Certificate.
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board (Where applicable).
- Clearance from Kenya Credit Reference Bureau.
NB: The Service shall submit names of all shortlisted candidates to EACC for integrity verification as per the new guideline hence submission of self-declaration form is not a mandatory requirement at this stage.
KWS is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to implementing affirmative action.
In this regard, youth, women, people living with disabilities and those from marginalized groups with requisite qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Applications without relevant qualifications, copies of documentation/details as sought for will not be considered.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.