Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS) is a State Corporation whose responsibility is to manage and conserve wildlife in Kenya.
The Service seeks to recruit a dynamic, innovative and experienced individual to fill the following vacant position at its Headquarters and KWS Training Institute, Naivasha:-
Head, Supply Chain Management
Job Grade “3b”
One (1) Post
Advert Ref: No. KWS/60/2020
Reporting to the Director General, the overall responsibility will be to procure quality goods and services for the institution in a timely and cost effective manner.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Implement the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act regulations and all related statutes on public procurement for the Institution and ensuring adherence to procedures, rules and regulations.
- Oversee the development and implementation of supply chain management policies, plans and strategies.
- Implement tender awards decisions by the Director General and decisions made by the disposal committees.
- Analyze supply chain management structures and systems; initiating and developing supply chain management policies and performance improvement strategies that are adaptive to the changing environment and technology.
- Advise the accounting officer on supply chain management matters and ensuring high professional supply chain management standards.
- Oversee staff within department directly and indirectly.
- Coordinate procurement operations.
- Plan and coordinate supply chain management activities in areas of procurement and disposal of stores and ensures that goods procured for the institution meet tender specifications.
- Propose membership of the relevant committees under the Act/Regulations to the Director General for appointment.
- Monitor the procurement functions at parks and outreach stations and taking prompt actions.
- Determine the mode of procurement method and giving appropriate instructions.
- Review and write professional opinion for tenders to the Director General for awards.
- Review and approve evaluation for the quotations.
- Supervise, appraise and ensure appropriate training of staff in the Department.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Director General from time to time.
- Masters degree in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business Administration or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business Administration or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
- Membership with a relevant professional body.
- Minimum ten (10) years working experience three (3) of which must have been in senior management level.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should download the KWS Application for Employment Form on the website, fill and forward the same enclosing copies of their academic and professional certificates, copy of ID card, detailed CV indicating work experience, current remuneration and employer, daytime telephone contact – both office and mobile, names, addresses and emails of two (2) referees to the address below not later than Tuesday 16th June, 2020 at 4.30pm.
Kenya Wildlife Service
P. O. Box 40241 – 00100
Short-listed candidates will be required to obtain and be in possession of the following documents at the interview stage:-
- Police Clearance Certificate.
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board (Where applicable).
- Clearance from Kenya Credit Reference Bureau.
NB: The Service shall submit names of all shortlisted candidates to EACC for integrity verification as per the new guideline hence submission of self-declaration form is not a mandatory requirement at this stage.
KWS is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to implementing affirmative action.
In this regard, youth, women, people living with disabilities and those from marginalized groups with requisite qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Applications without relevant qualifications, copies of documentation/details as sought for will not be considered.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.