Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS) is a State Corporation whose responsibility is to manage and conserve wildlife in Kenya.
The Service seeks to recruit a dynamic, innovative and experienced individual to fill the following vacant position at its Headquarters and KWS Training Institute, Naivasha:-
Job Grade “7” –
One (1) Post
Advert Ref: No. KWS/61/2020
Reporting to the Principal KWSTI, the job holder will be responsible for planning, coordinating, directing and controlling activities in catering, housekeeping, camping & game viewing, events, conference and customer care services while observing service standards and meeting financial targets for the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan and oversee effective delivery of catering, housekeeping, camping & game viewing, events, conference and customer care services at the Institute.
- Supervise officers in charge of catering, housekeeping, customer care, camping & game viewing and conference bookings.
- Coordinate efficient and effective provision of conference facilities to clients.
- Oversee cost effective utilization of supplies in catering and housekeeping units.
- Plan and organize events at the Institute as well as provision of outside catering services.
- Ensure health and safety regulations are strictly observed.
- Facilitate linkages and benchmarking with hospitality institutions offering similar services.
- Maintain quality standards in the section in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Appraise staff in the Hospitality Section.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Principal from time to time.
- KCSE “C” Plain or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality or Institutional Management or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Minimum five (5) years working experience in hospitality industry three (3) of which must have been in a supervisory level in a related field.
- Relevant training in Public Relations/Customer Care will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated leadership ability as reflected in work performance and results.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should download the KWS Application for Employment Form on the website, fill and forward the same enclosing copies of their academic and professional certificates, copy of ID card, detailed CV indicating work experience, current remuneration and employer, daytime telephone contact – both office and mobile, names, addresses and emails of two (2) referees to the address below not later than Tuesday 16th June, 2020 at 4.30pm.
Kenya Wildlife Service
P. O. Box 40241 – 00100
Short-listed candidates will be required to obtain and be in possession of the following documents at the interview stage:-
- Police Clearance Certificate.
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board (Where applicable).
- Clearance from Kenya Credit Reference Bureau.
NB: The Service shall submit names of all shortlisted candidates to EACC for integrity verification as per the new guideline hence submission of self-declaration form is not a mandatory requirement at this stage.
KWS is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to implementing affirmative action.
In this regard, youth, women, people living with disabilities and those from marginalized groups with requisite qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Applications without relevant qualifications, copies of documentation/details as sought for will not be considered.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.