The M-PESA Foundation Academy is seeking to recruit a dynamic and visionary individual with exceptional skills in the following capacity:
Head of University Admissions
The MPESA Foundation Academy is established on a modern campus of 75 acres, 45 kilometres outside Nairobi.
The state-of-the-art academy is presently offering the Kenyan Secondary Education curriculum whilst transitioning to the International Baccalaureate as a candidate school with a view to offer the IB Career-related Program by September 2020 and both the IB Diploma Program and Middle Years Program by September 2021 with an aim to become an IB World School.
The Academy is driven by leadership, entrepreneurship, technology and innovation and serves talented, economically disadvantaged students with demonstrated leadership potential.
The Academy offers a world class, well-rounded learning environment to develop future leaders.
It places great emphasis on the holistic development of learners not just ¡n academics but also in technology, music, sports, the arts, outdoor pursuits and community service.
Learners are exposed to the latest technology as part of the day-to-day teaching and the school prides itself in moulding future leaders and entrepreneurs for Kenya and the continent of Africa.
Head of University Admissions
N.B: This job title has been changed from University Admission Advisor to Head of University Admissions. The advert placed on the newspaper appears as University Admission Advisor; Candidates who already applied using this previous job title do not need to reapply since the Job Description remains the same.
The role of the Head of University Admissions at MPESA Foundation Academy will be to connect students with the right universities, colleges, and tertiary level programs and resources globally available, to help them get them to transition successfully from the Academy. This role will serve both students in the Academy and the Uongozi Scholars.
The Head of University Admissions will meet with students to assess their academic standing and extracurricular activities, inform them about university and tertiary college programs and connect them with funding resources that will help them get into and pay for their tertiary education.
The role will also involve conducting interviews, arranging for campus tours, conduct information sessions, advise on ACT/SAT preparation, and represent the Academy at university fairs or other recruiting or outreach initiatives, both nationally and internationally.
The Head of University Admissions must be committed to learning more about the students they work with and how they may benefit from specific post-secondary education programs.
They must be knowledgeable, resourceful, and supportive with strong communication skills.
- Assisting students to prepare for, select, and get into tertiary education programs in line with their career aspirations.
- Making students aware of the benefits of specific courses and universities available globally that meet their aspirations and abilities.
- Guiding students through the application process for Universities in N. America, Europe, Australia, South Africa, and elsewhere globally. This will include reading through student’s transcripts prior to submission.
- Advising students on sources of funding.
- Preparing students for ACTs and SATs in preparation for possible applications to US universities i.e. with students at Y10 level onwards (present Form 2).
- Helping students choose courses and extracurricular activities that will help them get into their chosen career paths after graduation.
- Staying current with university and college admission processes and requirements, tertiary level programs and developments in education and financial aid
- Organizing University Fairs and career events at the Academy and represent the same at schools at other college fairs and other promotional opportunities.
- Conducting interviews, reviewing application materials, and assisting in the decision-making process of students.
- Advising parents on the transition process from the Academy
- Developing and maintaining an active alumni network to plan events, help students find opportunities in their fields, and obtain funding
- Maintaining accurate and current knowledge of educational legislation, trends, developments, and resources
Head of University Admissions Requirements
- Experience in the university admissions process, particularly for N. America, UK, and Europe
- Familiarity with college and university programs, admissions requirements and processes, and scholarship and financial aid resources.
- Excellent active listening, verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong planning and people reading skills
- Ability to multitask and stay organized
- Willingness to guide others and provide ongoing support as they make important decisions.
Send your applications letter and CV as one document stating your current remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 31st May, 2020.
Indicate clearly on the email subject line the title of the position you are applying for.
Please note: Only soft copy/email applications to the address provided will be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview