Medecins Sans Frontieres – Switzerland Kenya Mission
Recruitment for COVID Response
MSF Switzerland (MSFCH) is a humanitarian medical organization providing emergency medical aid to populations in need based in Dagahaley and Likoni, Mombasa Sub County.
Job Title: Electrician
Work Location: Dagahaley
Main Purpose: Performing autonomously, complex / advanced installation and maintenance of electrical and other energy systems in all MSF facilities across the project (offices, health structures, warehouses, etc.), according to MSF standards and procedures, in order to ensure a proper functioning and maintenance of MSF equipment and installations.
- Planning and preparation of electrical layout for new hospital and accommodation area.
- Specification and order follow up for material and equipment
- Implementation and installation of electrical equipment and systems in the new hospital and accommodation area.
- Ensure 24/7 functioning of electrical installation
- Proper functioning of all electricity networks, hospital, health posts and accommodation area
- Ensuring all electrical installations in MSF facilities comply with MSF standards and performing autonomously and ensuring, all necessary complex / advanced electrical installations, maintenance and repairs, according to the supervisor’s instructions. This includes the following tasks :
- Carrying out critical rehabilitation tasks and corrective maintenance interventions and the coordination and execution of required tasks as well as installation of needed electrical equipment as defined by project.
- Elaborating the necessary documentation for carrying out energy installations projects (plans, list of materials, etc.)
- Carrying out and updating the electrical installations inventory in MSF missions’ facilities and performing annual maintenance procedures and safety checks across facilities in the project. Executing any needed tests after any repair or maintenance.
- Making suggestions regarding any repair or maintenance work needed in MSF electrical installations and equipment and assisting logistics department with any urgent support/advice or any relative work needed
- Managing the stock of consumable items related to electrical installation, repairs and maintenance, filling in the stock cards, carrying out physical stock inventories, executing orders necessary for renewing stock, avoiding any shortage
- Responsible for the equipment and tools (including extinguishers), checking they are correctly and safely used, maintaining and renewing them when necessary and keeping the inventory updated.
- Keeping the working area clean and tidy.
- Ensuring that all record sheets and books related to maintenance are always completed and prepares needed reports before and after any repair or required maintenance.
- Essential Electrician diploma or recognized formal training
- Previous working experience as an electrician required (minimum 2 years’ experience)
- English essential; Swahili and Somali desirable
- Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, service
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, please send your CV, motivation letter on or before the 15th May 2020 to http://uhired.me/job/377
The Position is needed for COVID -19 preparedness and response in Dagahaley.
According to the World Health Organisation, evidence to date suggests that two groups of people are at a higher risk of getting severe COVID-19. These are the elderly and those with underlying medical conditions.
MSF will not consider applications of persons aged 58 years and above and will require medical certificates to ascertain candidates do not have an underlying medical condition to avoid exposure to risk.
(MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)