Norwegian Refugee Council
Job Title: ICT Skills Teacher – Dadaab
Kenyan Nationals Only
Webcruiter ID: 4241263610
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year.
We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and implement instructional activities for the students as per the syllabus to ensure active and meaningful learning experience.
- Preparing and maintain teacher professional records not limited to schemes of work, lesson plans, lesson notes, record of work covered and other records.
- Maintain current students’ attendance records and make them readily available to the supervisor.
- Assess and evaluate students continuously as per the training program requirements and maintain students’ progress records.
- Provide feedback to parents and project officer on pupil’s progress during education forums and report forms.
- Responsible for the registration of learner’s details.
- Make certain that course syllabus is completed in time.
- Report for duty and lessons on time as required by the organization policy.
- Prepare and maintain updated inventory of training resources assigned.
- Ensure that safety precautions are observed during training activities.
- Participate in mobilization, recruitment and retention of the online freelancing learners.
- Maintaining students discipline.
- Participate in guiding and counseling students.
- Carry out hardware and software maintenance of ICT equipment.
- Troubleshoot basic network /internet connectivity problems.
- Liaise with the ICT focal person in internet/network management.
- Provide 1st line of IT Support in the delivery centres.
- Conduct placement, evaluation and monitoring of students during attachments and apprenticeship
- Working with the school management and other stakeholders to ensure meaningful participation of learners in all aspects of education.
- Provide Entrepreneurship and business skills training to learners.
- Take part in designing, procurement and distribution of basic startup kit and livelihood support Kit for program graduates.
- Provide market information, Technical support and after training support to the ICT careers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- KCSE Certificate
- Hold a recognized Diploma/ Higher Diploma or graduate in ICT or computer studies
- Holds a recognized certificate in teaching methodology in Technical Education
- Two year previous experience in teaching youth in a school/college / Vocational training institution setting
- Excellent skills in written and spoken English
- Ability to tolerate diverse cultural, educational and religious diversity in the work place
- Experience in working with underprivileged youth. A good team player with high degree of initiative, flexibility and tolerance
- Handling insecure environments
- Working with people
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicate with impact and respect
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision
- Good interpersonal and Communication skills
We can offer
Duty station: Dadaab
Contract period is for one year with possibility of extension.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s Code of Conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Dadaab.
*Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this position*
CLICK HERE to apply online.
Application deadline: 08/06/2020