Olivado EPZ Limited
Job Advertisement: Project Technical Assistant – Western Kenya
Olivado EPZ Limited has been operating in Kenya since 2007, as a New Zealand start-up.
We are looking for a Project Technical Assistant to be responsible for implementing activities for our organization in Western Kenya.
You will be tasked with field extension and orchard management services to farmers in your area.
You will also oversee developing budgets, operating plans, informational reports and writing program funding proposals.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree or Diploma in Agriculture. Horticulture , Agribusiness or related discipline with a bias to fruit and vegetable production.
- Experience in preparation and implementing budgets.
- Training as a Trainer of Trainers.
- Two years’ experience in the production of horticultural crops in Western Kenya.
- Thorough knowledge of community and government (both County and National) agricultural related activities in Western Kenya.
- Two years’ experience in managing a development partner supported projects for farmers Western Kenya.
- Proficient in computer application packages including MS- Word and Excel.
- Technical report writing skills.
- Ability to Ride/Drive Motorbike / Vehicle with valid driving licence .
- Manage avocado calendar activities such as recruitment, enrolment, training, auditing and harvest co-ordination for avocado farmers and field extension officers in western Kenya. Training includes smart avocado production, Organic, Fair for life, Global GAP standards, quality management and internal control system.
- Liaison with development partners, county governments and the national government on matters pertaining to Olivado Operations in Western Kenya including managing farmer relations on behalf of the company in the most efficient ways possible.
- Conducting feasibility studies on establishment of packhouses and other company facilities in Western Kenya.
- In collaboration with the community, establish nurseries for raising high quality avocado seedlings.
- Preparation and management of budgets in conjunction with accounts department, meet budgetary objectives and adjust project activities based on financial analysis
- Provide the programme manager with weekly reports on production and other matters as outlined in the Internal Management System by developing spreadsheets, diagrams, and process maps to document needs.
- Prepare and submit all records and documents as required by the Internal Management System in a timely manner.
- Prepare and submit proposals, monitoring and evaluation reports for different project relevant to Western Kenya farmers.
- Collection of data to assist with the understanding of the growth and production of the avocado crop and other information to assist the understanding and improvement of avocado and oil production.
How to Apply
Suitably qualified individuals should submit their application which should include a Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter highlighting an understanding of the required qualification and tasks to be performed.
The cover letter and CV should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9th of June 2020.
Only the shortlisted candidates meeting the above requirements will be contacted.