The Salaries and Remuneration Commission is an independent Commission established under Article 230 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, with the mandate to set and regularly review the Remuneration and Benefits of all State Officers and to advise the National and County Governments on the Remuneration and Benefits of all other Public Officers.
In carrying out its mandate, the Commission has to take into account the principles of; fiscal sustainability of the public compensation bill, attraction and retention of requisite skills for service delivery, productivity and performance, transparency, fairness and equity.
The Commission seeks to recruit qualified and competent staff to fill the following vacant position:
Job Title: Principal Human Resource Officer
Job Grade: RL 4
Directorate: Corporate Services
Department: HR & Admin
Reporting to: Head of HR and Admin
Job Purpose: This position reports to Head, Human Resource and Administration and is responsible for day to day implementation of policies in matters of recruitment, promotions, remuneration, staff training and development, staff welfare, employee relations and performance management.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Implement HR policies related to recruitment, promotions, remuneration, and staff relation and performance management.
- Participate in the development and preparation of the Unit’s work plan, budget and quarterly and annual reports.
- Supervise day to day operations of all administrative and logistical support areas to ensure smooth running of the Commission including office space, furniture and equipment, motor vehicles and contracts.
- In-charge of the payroll system and administration including preparation and maintenance of the payroll data and preparation of monthly contribution schedules for timely remittance of statutory deductions.
- Administration of staff welfare and benefits requirements including medical cover, group life /accident cover, pension scheme and Staff Association Welfare.
- Participate in recruitment and selection of staff including preparation of job adverts, shortlisting, interviewing, reference checking and making offers to candidates.
- Develop orientation programmes and oversee staff induction for new hires.
- Conduct training needs assessment for direct reports and coordinate organization wide training needs assessment in liaison with Heads of Departments and organize staff training sessions, workshops and activities.
- Receive, analyse and follow up to ensure resolution of employee grievances and complaints as per the HR policy.
- Ensure safe custody of relevant employee records- define file thresholds.
- Participate in drafting policies and procedures papers on human resources and administration matters for consideration and approval by the Commission.
- Coordinate the implementation of the process of performance management system.
- Coordinate the implementation of the Human resources, management Information systems.
- Provide feedback to enhance business processes and initiate process improvement to achieve operational excellence.
- Develop individual work plans, monitor own performance and seek requisite support to ensure delivery of agreed targets.
Minimum Qualification and Personal Specification / Profile:
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in HRM from a recognized university or in any other related discipline from a recognized university with a post graduate diploma in HRM.
- Membership to IHRM in good standing
- Valid practicing license in HR
- Eight (8) years of work experience with four (4) years relevant experience from a comparable organization.
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
- Demonstrate knowledge in relevant legislation and applicable standards.
- Knowledge of professional standards
- Ability to identify customer needs, develop service standards and deliver service excellence
- High level of integrity and Interpersonal skills
- Ability to deliver results in a complex and dynamic environment
- High level of attention to detail
- Supervisory skills
- Ability to work well with teams.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision under strict deadlines
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications indicating their current salary together with a detailed Curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
Applicants MUST attach current clearance certificates from the following bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Higher Education Loans Board and
- Credit Reference Bureau (Must provide certificate or report)
Application to be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked at the top “Application for the position of……” and mailed OR delivered to:
The Commission Secretary
Salaries and Remuneration Commission
Williamson House 6th Floor
4th Ngong Avenue
P.O. Box 43126-00100
To be received on or before 9th June, 2020.
Salaries and Remuneration Commission is an equal opportunity employer.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Qualified candidates irrespective of their gender, race, culture, religion or disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.