Our client is a leading FMCG manufacturer with an edible oil refinery in Nakuru Town.
Due to business growth, they seek to recruit a dynamic, results oriented energetic and self driven individual for the Position of Refinery Supervisor.
Reports to: Production Manager
Salary Range: Kshs 60,000-100,000
Location: Nakuru, Kenya
Job Purpose: To lead and manage the oil refinery process, plant and staff in accordance with the established SOPS and guidelines as provided by management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To coordinate with other departments for raw materials and other services;
- Plan and execute duties as per the Prevailing ISO –ISP’s of the refinery
- Ensure sound practices are maintained and to maintain highest standards of hygiene and safety.
- Implement the Kaizen projects and initiatives & to Identify Reduce & Eliminate waste;
- Lead and update the refinery department meetings;
- Continuously monitor and improve staff performance and productivity;
- Plan work by organizing operators and general workers shift schedule;
- Ensure the proper repair and maintenance of all refinery equipment;
- Ensure proper and accurate generation of necessary and relevant reports;
- Ensure adherence to all stated policies & procedures and standards in the facility;
- Manage all staff reporting to this position, motivate, develop and train them;
- Perform other tasks as assigned by management from time to time.
Qualifications and work experience
- Holder of a Diploma in Mechanical/Food Technology/Biochemistry or other relevant qualification from a reputable institution/examination body;
- At least 5 years experience in an edible oil refinery with a reputable organization;
- Sound Knowledge of all aspects relating to refining and production systems;
- Standards and strong SOPS knowledge will be an added advantage;
- Exposure to KAIZEN and 5 S systems will be a plus;
- Strong interpersonal and team leadership skills;
- Ability to work with or without supervision.
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in making a meaningful career move in the rewarding FMCG sector, apply by submitting your CV in confidence to:
P.O Box 76883-00620,
Kindly indicate your current and expected salary in your application or CV.
A competitive remuneration package plus pension and medical cover benefits will be offered to the successful candidate.
- Do not attach certificates and testimonials in your application.
- Closing date for applications is Friday 18th May 2020.
- Shortlisting will be carried on a rolling/ongoing basis.
- Our client is an equal opportunities employer.